Samsung 3G Range Extender Gives Wrong GPS Location
JuliaGee

I live on a semi-rural island in the Pacific Northwest, and have had my range extender for four years. It's performed beautifully, with ridiculously accurate GPS location information - that is, until I recently moved 6.5 miles away from the East to West side of the island. Now my range extender shows my GPS location as 78 miles south of me, near South Seattle. When the range extender is off, and I'm only connected to my in-home wifi, my location is totally accurate. The range extender is located next to a window *and* I use the GPS antenna attached to the inside of the window (just as I did in my previous home). There is no cell signal in the area I live now, so the range extender is my lifeline. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung 3G Range Extender Gives Wrong GPS Location
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe you could try a different window location to catch different satellites for the GPS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that your Network Extender is not working properly in your new home, JuliaGee. The Network Extender is intended to improve your wireless experience at home and it works in conjunction with your high speed internet at home in order to improve your wireless signal indoors. I understand that your location is inaccurate. Is this location issue impacting your wireless service (calls, messages, data) in any way? If it is, please share specific details of the service issues.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JuliaGee

Yes, the location inaccuracy is a problem, as my Verizon phone is my only phone. If I unplug the range extender I have no signal. With this issue if I were to call 911 it would show me as being 78 miles away from my actual location. This is a potentially dangerous, and serious problem. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your phone capable of wifi calling?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JuliaGee

Calling is not the issue. The inaccurate GPS information is. Right now I'm looking at my phone and according the map I am 78 miles away in South Seattle, near Renton, WA.

0 Likes