Samsung LTE Range Extender Quirks
cbetts
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently installed a Samsung 4G LTE range extender and discovered it has a few quirks.

• When making outgoing calls through the extender, I do not hear the ringing tone.  I have to wait until the recipient picks up and then I can hear something.
  • I have a security system that utilizes a non-Verizon network.  I have notice significant delays in connection times since deploying the extender.

The device currently has software version 1.0.0.20.  I was unable to find an entry in the menu system to update so I assume Verizon handles this themselves.   Both of my cell phones are Motorola Droid Turbo models with the latest software update and have advanced calling enabled.

Is there a fix for my issues, like a software update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung LTE Range Extender Quirks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cbetts,

You have taken great notice to your Network Extender and we appreciate the inventory you have taken. First do you have your Advanced Calling turned on your devices? Here is the link to do so http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-126079/.

Also, with your security system. Does it use the same internet source as your Network Extender? If so, this could be why there is a delay. Reason being, there could be too pull on your internet connection. You will need to talk to your internet service provider as you will need to have faster speeds.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cbetts
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have advanced calling enabled on my cell phones.  This was when the problem with the ringing began.  As far as the security system goes, it in not connected to my network but uses a cellular connection.  I am not sure if the security system is trying to use the extender though.  All I have is a symptom, not real data.  Any way to get logs from the extender to verify who/what is connecting?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cbetts,

Let's make sure you can hear the phone ring when making a call out on your phone. Please turn the advanced calling feature off to see if you have the same issues. You can do this on your phone using the same link provided previously. Keep us updated on your progress.

JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cbetts
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I tried a few things.  I unplugged the range extender, same problem.  I disabled wifi, same problem.  Disabled advanced calling, fixed.

One more symptom . . . I can hear the ring if I turn on speakerphone.  My wife says she hears a ring when calling me during the day when she is out but I think it is connected to her Bluetooth in her car.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand, and thank you for the clarification! It makes total sense that it doesn't work with Advanced Calling. Because Advanced Calling forces calls to go through the 4G network, it wouldn't communicate with the 3G network extender. It does sound like when her phone beeps, it is because of the bluetooth. I want to make sure that we have you all taken care of, did you have any other questions or concerns that we can assist with?

LeoL_VZW

0 Likes