Samsung Network Extender - Fast Blinking Red SYS Light, Solid Magenta GPS
Willyferd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I've been using a Samsung network extender for the past two years with few problems.  It was working fine yesterday.  Today, I'm seeing a fast blinking red SYS light and a solid magenta GPS light.  Nothing has been moved or changed since yesterday.  I have another Samsung network extender (an older one) on another part of our property on the same network and it is working fine.   I have tried rebooting the entire system with no success. 

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Network Extender - Fast Blinking Red SYS Light, Solid Magenta GPS
Willyferd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alicia,

Thanks very much for your response.  Fortunately everything is OK.  It took a couple of hours after I rebooted everything for the network extender to come back on-line.  It has never taken that long before so I was concerned there was something more going on.  I just needed to be more patient.  All is good now.  Thanks again.

Bill

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Willyferd,

Help has arrived! Making sure your network extender is working like a well oiled machine is our top priority. When did problem start to happen? You mentioned that you rebooted the entire system. By that do you mean that you unplugged your router for a few minutes & plugged it back in? What color is the GPS? Do you have this placed next to a window?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Willyferd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alicia,

Thanks very much for your response.  Fortunately everything is OK.  It took a couple of hours after I rebooted everything for the network extender to come back on-line.  It has never taken that long before so I was concerned there was something more going on.  I just needed to be more patient.  All is good now.  Thanks again.

Bill

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wonderful! So glad to learn this is working normally again for you Willyferd. Thank you for your continued service with Verizon Wireless. Please let us know if you need anything else.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes