Samsung Network Extender only giving two bars of service
Lberghol

This afternoon my network extender stopped working, and I had no service in my apartment.  The SYS light was red so I unplugged it for an hour and plugged it back in to reboot.  Now all of my lights are blue, but I only have two bars of service when I'm standing right next to it.  I used to get at least 4 bars while in the same room.  When I call #48 is says I am connected to the extender.  I am using my. iPhone 6s. 

I need this this fixed as I work from home and need to be able to make and receive calls.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Network Extender only giving two bars of service
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Contact VZW directly on this one.

The Network Extender likely needs service.  Focus on the light codes that the NE is displaying when you call in and have them review your warranty options. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John_Getzke, thank you so much for you input.

Lberghol, we’ll do our best to get this fixed. Where is the network extender located? Are you able to make/receive phone calls when connected to the network extender? Please power cycle the device and let us know how that works.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lberghol

What do you mean "power cycle" my device?  I have unplugged it, left it unplugged for 30min and plugged it back in again.  All the lights are blue on the extender, but my phone still only shows 2 bars.  I can make/receive calls, and when I am on the phone sometimes my bars jump up to 4, but then drop back down to two when I am off the phone.  It has never done that before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your efforts, they are much appreciated. We won't give up until you are up and running again. Power cycling just means turning it off then back on again. May we please verify what model network extender you have?

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lberghol

I have turned it on and off with no change, all the lights are blue but I only show 2 bars of service and my phone keeps dropping calls. I have a Verizon Samsung Network Extender, I believe I bought it in 2009/2008 from my local Verizon store.

0 Likes
TDR37803

If you have the new LTE extender try this.  While connected to the extender, open a web browser and type in this address  192.168.1.93.   This opens the user interface for the extender.  Log on,  then go to settings, then advanced settings. On this page you can set the power level.  Since you reset the device,  it is now probably set at the lowest level.  Move the slider to the right to 100% and you should be good to go.

0 Likes