Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,266 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Samsung S9+ and Network Extender Issues
BRADDEN0763

I have a new Samsung S9+ and a verizon 4G LTE network extender that won't talk to each other.  The extender is operating and says "in service" on the screen.  On the phone, I've turned off advanced calling and have been within 15 feet of the extender for over 2 hours. When I dial *48 I get the "call cannot be completed" error.  What else should I try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S9+ and Network Extender Issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried it with the advanced calling on?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Bradden0763!

We always want to make sure that your devices work with one another. When they don't we know that they can cause a huge pain. Have you tried restarting both the Network Extender and the phone? Do any other devices have trouble connecting with it?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried the User Guide specification of  #48 to test?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
iwasz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Daaaa

0 Likes
iwasz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have rebooted the extender, unplugged it, changed settings on the phone and other phones in the house connected to it but not my s9. Can anybody tell me why before run it over with my car

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being on top of your Samsung Galaxy S9+ is vital, especially if it's not connecting to the network extender. What model Network Extender do you have? Verify Advanced Calling is enabled. Devices with Advanced Calling disabled will not connect to the 4G LTE Network Extender for HD Voice & Video calling functions. You must enable Advanced Calling from your phone to permit it to connect to the 4G LTE Network Extender.

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes