Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,275 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Samsung network extender and data question
DEBEPP81

We live in a rural area and have a samsung network extender. This has improved our cell reception from 1 bar to 4 bars.  We have DISH satellite for our internet service With a 50 Gb anytime data limit.  we have a family member that owns a Verizon hotspot on an  unlimited data plan.  If they use their hotspot at our home, do devices that connect to that hotspot use their Verizon data or are they using data from our satellite Internet? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung network extender and data question
deloused
Master - Level 3

Devices would use the hotspot's data plan when connected to it

0 Likes
DEBEPP81

When they are at our home, their hotspot is connected to our network extender (I can tell this because the hotspot shows 5 bars of service).   Do devices connected to that hotspot use the Verizon data and not my DISH satellite data? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would guess they are actually using your satellite internet through the network extender connection to their phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Oh gotcha. If the hotspot is connected to the internet through your network extender it would use your satellite data for any devices using the hotspot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you have the best wireless experience as I know the importance of staying connected. A Jetpack or Mobile Hotspot would not use the connection from the Network Extender or a local WiFi network. The Mobile Hotspot would be using their plan data.   

Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is correct. The Network Extender does use your home internet connection to move your information along. This is why you may notice a second or do lag in conversations when you are using your network extender on satellite internet. Using a Jetpack through your Network Extender would also use your satellite data.

0 Likes