Samsung network extender issue
zoescout

I have had a Samsung network extender for several years. It has always worked fine. A week ago it stopped working, the Sys light flashes red and the GPS light stays solid red. Nothing was done or changed to the unit or computer. It appears like it can't find a GPS signal. I have checked all connections, the GPS antennae and cord and everything seems fine. It sits in a very large window with completely clear access to the sky. This is the same place it has been for years with absolutely no issues. I live in zip 98250. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung network extender issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zoescout,

Oh no, I am sorry to hear your Network Extenders stopped working suddenly. Have you tried powering off the Network Extender and restarting it? Based on the zip code provided I do see service can be challenging.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

If it's several years old, then it's time for a new one.  Warranty is only a year so be prepared to pay $250.

0 Likes
BuckheadView

The same thing happened to ours. It's only 18 months old. Verizon support hasn't been able to resolve the issue. Power light isn't showing blue, although there is power going into the unit. The system light is flashing red (slow) and GPS is solid red. WAN is blue.

0 Likes
jknopow
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the exact same issue.  Our extender is only a few months old, worked fine, then the past two days stopped working.  Solid red GPS LED, blinking red SYS, WAN and PWR are blue.

Please advise ASAP!  I use this for our business.

0 Likes
jknopow
Enthusiast - Level 1

...sorry, we're in 53105.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jknopow, thanks for the details. Is your SYS light blinking fast or slow?

EstebanP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
FRAQTYL

Same problem in 97062. Extender 2 months old, working fine until we shut power off to replace light switch. Disconnected ethernet and power cable, waited 5 minutes, reconnected and powered up. Slow blinking red SYS light and solid red GPS. 24 hours later no change. Repeat, same lack of results.

When we bought, salesperson at store said that Verizon was discontinuing extenders and would not support them in the future. I guess the future is now.

0 Likes
FRAQTYL

Working again. Try disconnecting ALL wires, ethernet, power, and antenna. Move extender and/or antenna to window and at least 2 feet away from router. Wait 5 minutes (no cheating), plug in ethernet, antenna, and power. Give it a few hours.

0 Likes
DAVCAR56

Thanks for the response and suggestions FRAQTYL.  Mine stopped working about a week ago.  I did all of the items you suggested and I'm up and running again in about 1/2 hour.  Not sure what fixed the problem, but one or all of them did.

0 Likes