Server Location Assistance Status is Not Reachable?
scottma61

On the 'About' screen on my 4G LTE Network Extender it shows that the Server 'Location Assistance' has a status of 'Not Reachable'? (See screen shot below)  Is that normal?  I can Ping 209.2510.15.73 and get a response.  I have that listed as an exception on my Anti-Malware.  What else do I need to do to make it reachable ... if it should be reachable?

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Server Location Assistance Status is Not Reachable?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scottma61,

We always want to make sure your extender is working just as it needs to. After initial setup the device actually pulls its GPS information from local towers. When it can do so that will say not reachable. That is normal and what we would expect to see. You can find more details at http://vz.to/2e9CPiT .

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
scottma61

Typo.  I can Ping 209.210.15.73........

Anybody ???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, scottma61. It is important to us that we take the right steps to get this resolved and I am glad to help.

What is the make/mode of the existing device?Have you made any changes to either the network extender or phone recently?

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
scottma61

What is the make/mode of the existing device?  Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender Model #SLS-BU103

Have you made any changes to either the network extender or phone recently?  No.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this information. What are the status lights on the network extender? Are you having any difficulty using your phone with the extender? When you dial #48 from your phone while at home, what message do you hear?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scottma61

The extender appears to work correctly.  There is a single blue LED light on the Extender.  When I dial #48 is says I can connected to a network extender.  My question was, and remains:

On the 'About' screen on my 4G LTE Network Extender it shows that the Server 'Location Assistance' has a status of 'Not Reachable'? (See screen shot above)  Is that normal?  I can Ping 209.2510.15.73 and get a response.  I have that listed as an exception on my Anti-Malware.  What else do I need to do to make it reachable ... if it should be reachable?

The extender appears to work.  I am trying to determine if it is optimally setup, or should I correct this 'unreachable' situation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scottma61,

We understand your question. Let's keep working on this. The location assistance appears to be in reference to the device's GPS aquisition which while may not be necessary is certainly useful. Is the device currently set in an open area or near a window where it would be able to aquire a GPS signal? Also, are you utilizing the GPS Extension cable? See how to install that here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204066/.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scottma61

The device is about 5 feet from a window so I am using the GPS antenna extension cable and running the antenna to a window sill in clear view of the outside.  I typically have seven to nine 'Strong' GPS satellites listed and on the 'About' screen and the 'GPS Status" has always been listed as 'Location Acquired'.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for getting back to us.I appreciate the information. It may be an issue where the extender isn't reading or accessing the GPS cable. Please power down the router and the extender. Then power back up and retest. The extender can take up to 30 minutes to fully power back on.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
scottma61

Rebooted Router and Extender ... several times.  'Location Assistance' server is still listed as 'Not Reachable'.  Dashboard shows nine GPA satellites acquired and GPS Status is 'Location Acquired'.   So no change from before.

0 Likes