Slow blink red System/solid red GPS
lep73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an extender that was purchased in Sept 2014. After 2 weeks of troubleshooting, it started working at my old condo last year. Such an ordeal.

Just moved to a new condo (same zip) on the 4th floor only 1/2 mi. from old condo. My extender does not detect a GPS signal from Verizon. Shows blinking red system light & solid red GPS light. Modem & router both work. I tested same modem, router & extender on 9th floor but on opposite sides of the building and it picked up all signals & all lights were solid blue! My extender in my condo never changes the system & gps to blue & has been rebooted multiple times & relocated high & next to biggest sliding glass door in unit. Nothing. This has been going on for 7 days now with several calls to customer service. Icannot call them from home because of lack of cell signal. I'm desperate, please help! I have a home office.:(

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slow blink red System/solid red GPS
bennor3814
Contributor - Level 1

The Network Extender started mysteriously working again after not getting a GPS signal lock for three or four days. We had called Verizon Wireless and had the issue escalated to their network support who called us back several times and said there were no problems on their end that it was a problem with the unit not getting a GPS signal lock. Left the device in its original location and the Network Extender started working again a few days later (got up one morning and the GPS light was blue again). We did absolutely nothing other than power cycle the Network Extender and the Router it was plugged into for trouble shooting purposes on the first day it was out. We didn't move it around either. Its still sitting in the same spot it has been for many years where it worked without issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Make sure you have the GPS module on the extension cable and is in a window facing SOUTH WEST.  This can take several hours to 2 days to accomplish the GPS lock.

lep73
Enthusiast - Level 2

My entire unit only faces one side which is Northwest.

0 Likes
lep73
Enthusiast - Level 2

My unit faces NW only.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Only thing I can suggest is to do the above in that NW window and wait.  That's really all you can do to make sure the GPS locks.  Making sure the Internet connection is active will also help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lep73,

We definitely want to see you with this device, up & running. We don't want this to be an ordeal. It sounds like your device is on the road to getting itself linked up to the system, but is just taking longer than desired. Click the link to view all the statuses that these LEDs mean http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-36589/ It may be that based on the location, it is taking some time to aquire the needed satellite signal. As per our friend recommendation, keep the internet connection active and do not reset this device (power on/off) as it will need to restart the signal aquisition from the beginning, everytime this is done.
SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lep73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will do exactly that...not try to reset and leave it like it is for now. If it doesn't work, is there a plan B?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Plan B is a warranty exchange.  If no warranty left....maybe we can find you a better network booster elsewhere for the same price.  I'm betting we can.

0 Likes
lep73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm under warranty for another week or so. I believe the extender works since I tested it in on the southern side of  my building on the 7th floor. Again, I'm 4th floor facing northwest. I'm at my wits end with this thing. I'm thinking about testing it in another room but I hate to disconect it. All of my rooms face northwest so it probably won't change things. It's been sitting in the same window for 3 days now. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Seems that if it works elsewhere that it's just the location.  Why it's taking so long even in that NW location, I'm not sure.  It should have eventually connected and locked on, even after 3 days.  You might opt for an exchange, just to rule out the GPS unit or the box itself.