Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turbo 2 not working with network extender
TCTIFF

We have a Samsung Network extender at our house due to very poor signal coverage in our area.  The extender has worked fine with all of the phones we have had until I recently upgraded from a Droid MAXX to Droid Turbo 2.  When using the Turbo 2 through the extender (incoming or outgoing) the call cuts out on a repeating pattern of about 2 seconds.  I will get 2 seconds of the call and then it cuts out for 2 seconds, 2 seconds of call, 2 seconds of cut out.  Shake, rinse, repeat.  It is unusable for phone calls at home.  All of our other phones in the house work fine with the extender (Galaxy 6, Galaxy 5, MAXX, Razr Maxx) 

I have verified that the calls are going through the extender by using #48 and I'm also receiving the expected double audio tone when the call connects.  This phone is the only one I've seen that doesn't have the little house icon above the signal bars indicating connection to the extender.  Advanced calling is disabled and I have tried every network setting which makes no difference.   

Anybody else experienced this behavior before?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Turbo 2 not working with network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Iknow I would be just as concerned with this type of experience as well, TCTIFF. Let's help get to the root cause of the problem, especially since all your other phones are working well.

Regarding your current connection to the network extender, is your phone currently connected to WiFi at the same time it is connected to the Network Extender?

If yes, out of curiosity, if you disable WiFi do you still experience the same call drop pattern?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes