Used Network Extended already registered to someone else
swieder711
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought a used Network Extender (BU10B) on eBay.  When I called Verizon to have it activated, they said that the device's MAC address is already activated on another account and that the previous owner needs to deactivate it so that I can use it. 

Unfortunately, the eBay seller is not able to contact the previous owner.  Thankfully the seller gave me a full refund.

I am coming here to see if the Verizon community has any suggestions on how to get a Network Extender that is activated on someone elses account transferred to my account?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Used Network Extended already registered to someone else
swieder711
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Verizon at 866-338-7390. Had the call transfer to Tech Support. Explained the problem and Verizon is sending me their new Network Extender. Supposedly the newer Network Extenders (ASK-SFE116) are much simplifier to activate.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@swieder711 wrote:

Called Verizon at 866-338-7390. Had the call transfer to Tech Support. Explained the problem and Verizon is sending me their new Network Extender. Supposedly the newer Network Extenders (ASK-SFE116) are much simplifier to activate.

What is that Verizon number for?  Where did you get the number?  What was the problem you explained and did they charge you for the extender?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never recommend purchasing from third-party retailers for reasons just like this, swieder711. There would not be any possible way to activate this device on an account if it is already active on another. We apologize for any inconvenience.

-Marshall

0 Likes
swieder711
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the new Network Extender from Vz today.  They sent it to me for FREE.

Had a problem initializing it.  It would fail on Step 5A.  Moved the device closer to the windows and it activated. 

Now I just need to find an antenna cable adapter that goes from the old style GPS connector to the new style. 

0 Likes
swieder711
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found the cable that I needed on eBay to go from the older GPS antenna to the newer GPS antenna.

I asked Vz tech support about removing the old Samsung 4G Network Extender from my account and was told that they dont have a tool to do that!  Such a limitation, if true, means you cant reuse someone else's Net Ext on your account!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@swieder711 wrote:

Found the cable that I needed on eBay to go from the older GPS antenna to the newer GPS antenna.

I asked Vz tech support about removing the old Samsung 4G Network Extender from my account and was told that they dont have a tool to do that!  Such a limitation, if true, means you cant reuse someone else's Net Ext on your account!

I would question if you got actual VZW Tech Support and not VZW Sales Support.  You might need to get Level-2 or Level-3 Tech Support to actually remove the MAC ID of the extender from the database associating it to your account.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes