VIASAT with 4G LTE Network Extender
Longbow825

We have a new 4G LTE Network Extender from Verizon.  I told the tech support folks we were on VIASAT before they shipped it.  It has "improved" our coverage at the house since we only had 1 bar prior to installing the extender.  I noticed instructions to configure ports for various brands of routers.  Is there any guidance for configuring the VIASAT modem/router?  I understand the latency element of using satellite internet with the network extender; we have to work with what we have.  Thank you in advance for any advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VIASAT with 4G LTE Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am looking over those steps for those other routers here
https://www.verizon.com/support/network-extender-router-configuration/
To gather clues, what is the brand of the router?
-David

0 Likes
Re: VIASAT with 4G LTE Network Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Longbow825 wrote:

We have a new 4G LTE Network Extender from Verizon.  I told the tech support folks we were on VIASAT before they shipped it.  It has "improved" our coverage at the house since we only had 1 bar prior to installing the extender.  I noticed instructions to configure ports for various brands of routers.  Is there any guidance for configuring the VIASAT modem/router?  I understand the latency element of using satellite internet with the network extender; we have to work with what we have.  Thank you in advance for any advice.

Well, if you looked at the link provided for router configurations, you'll notice they only describe routers connected to land based broadband internet services.  If you look at the LTE Network Extender User Guide at https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/verizon-lte-network-extender-user-guide.pdf

you'll find:

"Home satellite broadband access is not supported"

It might work somewhat, but if not supported, they might not provide router configurations that somewhat work.  You have to compare settings recommended for what is supported to settings available in your router.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes