VZW Broken Promises for FIVE YEARS on LTE Network Extender Managed Access Mode
pcptvz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since 2017, Verizon has been promising that they'd turn on "managed access" mode on the LTE Network Extender, a feature that lets network extender users limit who has access to the extender by device.  That's FIVE YEARS that Verizon has said and promised the following in the device FAQ's:

"Can I manage and limit access to the LTE Network Extender to a select set of mobile devices? No, the LTE Network Extender currently only supports open mode. Managed mode will be available in the future."

I cannot fathom why this feature takes FIVE YEARS to enable, especially since it's already available to users of the enterprise extender.  @vzw_customer_support What the h*ll is going on?  People have paid $300+ for this device with broken promises and hollow projections on the availability date of this feature being turned on.

• If the issue is that you've outsourced the software and programming of this device to a third party and their developers don't want to enable it, then tell us exactly that
  • If the issue is that you don't want to enable it for business reasons, then tell us exactly that!
  • If the issue is that you don't have the engineering resources to make this happen, then tell us exactly that!

BE TRANSPARENT. The numerous customers who have previously posted about this issue on this forum for the last five years are tech-savvy.  They've sought out this forum for research purposes and have the depth of knowledge to understand tech and business-speak. So give it to us straight and stop deliberately hiding the reason why you won't turn on Managed Access Mode on LTE Network Extender. 

Frankly, if you wait any longer, you might as well take back our LTE Network Extenders and give us the 5G version for free!

Labels (1)
Re: VZW Broken Promises for FIVE YEARS on LTE Network Extender Managed Access Mode
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@pcptvz wrote:

. . . .

Frankly, if you wait any longer, you might as well take back our LTE Network Extenders and give us the 5G version for free!

What 5G version are you referring to?  I don't see a 5G Network Extender available on the web site other that a FIOS related 5G Home Internet WiFi Extender.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: VZW Broken Promises for FIVE YEARS on LTE Network Extender Managed Access Mode
pcptvz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just saying that part in jest.  We've been waiting soooo long already (5 years) for managed access mode to be turned on that we will have moved onto a 5G version of the network extender by the time they bother turning on Managed Access mode on the LTE version.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@pcptvz wrote:

I'm just saying that part in jest.  .  .  .

Ok, makes sense... looking for tongue-in-cheek emoji... don't see one...have to use (TIC)

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
pcptvz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, @vzw_customer_support? Any interest in posting a response here?

0 Likes
Hydra16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think the FAQ is outdated, I found an article on Verizon's support page on managed access.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-231966/

0 Likes
_devi8_
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is pretty dishonest. I was told, when I was purchasing it, that it would be available in the near future. they just want it to grab all cell phones so their coverage looks great. I guess what the customer would like is not important.

0 Likes
_devi8_
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI. It looks like the "My Devices" page is now allowing you to change it to a closed system now.

0 Likes
btlalum
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm that for the first time, my 4G LTE extender is now CLOSED....and functional, at least for those devices on the whitelist.

0 Likes
Goofy4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you sure yours is working? I did the same thing - - Closed Access with added contacts and it ended up blocking those phones to the extender. I was back to 1 bar on my cell phone sitting 10 feet from the extender. I even tried a hard reboot of everything.

0 Likes