Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 Is Dropping Calls
jimmyhumphrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I've had the Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 for about 2 years. It's been awesome, and has made it possible for me to have actual cell phone coverage in my home.  Both of our cell phones regularly show full strength LTE cell phone coverage in our house.  Prior to getting the extender, it was almost non-existent.

However, in the last month or two, I've been frequently experiencing dropped calls at home. No rhyme or reason. Sometimes I can be on a phone call 45 minutes without any problems. Other times, I'll experience a dropped call within seconds of making a call. It happens any time day or night. We never experience dropped calls anywhere except in my house.  

After much trouble shooting and playing with our iPhone settings (an iPhone 11 & 7), I am convinced the problem must lie with my Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2, since the problem happens on both phones, and only happens in our house. 

However, for the life of me, I can't figure out what the problem is and why this has only recently started happening.  Any ideas what it might be?  In my Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 on the admin page, it shows I am connected to approximately 9 different satellites. 2-3 of them are usually strong,  and  4-5 are fair, with 1-2 being weak (this changes sometimes).  

I saw online that it is recommended for optimal results that the extender be connected to at least 4 strong satellites. I have no idea if the number of strong satellites available have changed in recent months.  My Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 has always been in the same spot, inches from a window.  

Any ideas of what may be causing the dropped calls?  Should I try a factory reset? Should I try attaching the GPS extension wire?  Could my extender just be old and need to be replaced? What can I do to resolve this issue? 

Thanks,

Jimmy

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 Is Dropping Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone always on my own phone at home, I can imagine how stressful this must be.  We are going to get to the root cause of this ASAP.  Let's start by powering off and back on your Network Extender, Internet Router, and all devices used with it (phones, etc.).  After this is done, please allow up to 30-60 minutes for the full process to be tested again with calls to see if they drop. 

0 Likes
jimmyhumphrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did that and did a restoring if the default settings. So far things appear to be getting better. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jimmyhumphrey, thank you so much for trying this step. The Network Extender must have high-speed internet to work in your home. I don't doubt that you have high-speed internet but how many devices in your home do you currently have connected to your WIFI? This can play a major role in how your Network Extender works in your home. I know that personally, I have more than 10 different devices connected to my WIFI which can, at times, cause my WIFI speeds to be congested. Please advise. 

0 Likes
clutchkz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve done this multiple for the past 3 days, with a variety of inept customer service reps. Thank gd I’ve kept my landline. NOTHING works. I plan to pay off the 11pro I bout from V and switch plans after being a customer since before they were Verizon. 

0 Likes
clutchkz
Enthusiast - Level 2

NOT in my home! And after multiple tries of resets restarts. 

0 Likes
clutchkz
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my home, where I live alone, I have my iPhone, iPad and 3 TVs. I still have a landline that gd bec my phone is little more than a texting device. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for those details, Clutchkz. How long has this issue been going on with your calls with the network extender? Has there been any changes to the device since this has become an issue (new apps or software)? -Kevin