Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 Stopped working today
srschuh

It successfully connects to the initial management server but the it stops here:

Failed to reach the Serving Gateway - 141.207.177.235_timeout,

I have done a factory reset several times.  This has been working and no changes were made to my router.  Is this a server problem at your end?

This is the active alarm:

SYS IPSEC_DOWN

It shows the IP address on the screen is 0.0.0.0 but it does have an IP address and I can log into it over my network.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 Stopped working today
srschuh

This happened befor last December.  After a bunch of factory resets and a router reset it finally came back and is working fine again.  I can't help but think this is something on the Verizon server end.  I wish there was some support that could alert us to these issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important Network Extenders are for providing indoor signal. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this ASAP! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. - MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes
srschuh

No other error messages.  It just can't get hooked up to the Verizon server.  I received this extender from a friend who moved into an area with good cell service at about the same time I moved into an area that is a dead zone.  I have 100 MBPS up and down fiber internet connection.  After several factory resets and a couple of router resets it hooked up.  This same thing happened last December shortly after I got the unit and it had been working fine until a few days ago.  It doesn't show any phone number in the GUI so maybe this has to be registered to my account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

srschuh,

I'm very glad to hear that seems to be working again. Just to make sure, is everything working well at this point?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details are very helpful, srschuh. You mentioned that this unit was given to you. A Network Extender (https://www.verizon.com/products/verizon-lte-network-extender/) must be added to the account in order to work correctly. Since you did not buy the device directly from Verizon, the device must be added to the account. Is your account part of our prepaid service or our postpaid service?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
srschuh

I'm just a regular customer.  Post paid, I think.  I have been a customer for many years.  I get a monthly bill. How can I get it added to my account?

Steve

0 Likes
srschuh

How can I get this added to my account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, srschuh. You'll be able to follow the steps here to see how the extender can be added to an account, if yours is not currently linked to your account. If you got it from a third party, it's possible they never deactivated it. This describes a 3G unit, but the 4G unit is the same. Let us know if this helps. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-21844/

0 Likes