Re: Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender blocks incoming calls
fairfield-ct
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too spent over an hour on the phone with tech support.  Really surprised that you don't have a clue about the issue.  Why do I have to turn airplane mode on/off to get my text messages? Why can I receive text messages when I turn off my wifi?  Everything works great when I leave the house.  When I am connected to the lte extender - no incoming calls or text messages.  When we do receive them they were sent 20-30 mins ago.  I have an iphone 12 and my wife has a pixel.  Without the extender I can't make a call.  I can make calls now but I can't receive any.  This is insane.

0 Likes
fairfield-ct
Enthusiast - Level 2

Support told me to turn off wifi calling because it interferes with the lte extender.  I was told to turn it off -- that was there epiphany for fixing and it didn't work.  My son called me 5x to pick him up from practice and didn't get a single call.  He calls our landline now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your service concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that the call you were on with one of representatives, discontinued.  We apologize for your inconvenience. We know how important your service is to you and we'd be more than glad to continue working with you. To be sure that we're on the right path to assist you here, are you attempting to block unwanted calls, ads, text messages, and emails to your mobile number? If so, we offer several options to help by visiting our website at https://www.verizon.com/support/block-numbers/#free-blocking.

Please let us know if this helps you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@fairfield-ct ,

A network extender does the same exact role of Wi-Fi Calling, so that's where you need to choose between using one or the other. When it comes to blocking phone calls, a network extender's only purpose is to process phone calls - it does not block them for you, so that would mean something else is going on if your son was not able to get through to you. Was there a specific reason that you were using Wi-Fi Calling when you already had a network extender to use? -Russell

0 Likes
LongIslandFam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Joining the conversation. Same issue. Same troubleshooting. I will just add that our next door neighbor has the same extender with the same issue. We worked together to only use one extender at a time in case there was a conflict but as you can imagine, that did not help at all.

Glad to see in one of the posts that a fix is being worked on. I hope we get it soon (to avoid switching provider). 

My extender is set to Open access. Did anyone try the extender in closed/restricted mode?  I doubt it would make a difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your Extender working perfectly.  Let's research this further together.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.  -Sean

0 Likes
KarenCairns
Enthusiast - Level 2

My extender worked swell for a few weeks; then in July bam. No incoming calls. Do we really have to pick between having cell service with only the ability to make outgoing calls or 1 bar for cell service?

Frustrated.

KarenCairns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can make outgoing calls. Cannot receive calls. when the extender is plugged in. Mine is an ASK-SFE116 what is yours?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Karen, we are sorry to learn you are having issues with your Network Extender. We don't want you to have to choose. We want you to have great service. We have sent you a private message here on this platform -Dolores

0 Likes
beatarmy89
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue - it worked for a couple of weeks and than bam - no more incoming calls until I leave the house or unplug the extender (newer newer model with the LED screen).

SOMETIMES when we plug the extender back in we will get incoming calls (Samsung Note 10 plus and Apple Iphone XR models) but only for a few minutes.

Have run through all the suggested troubleshooting steps several times but right now we have a choice:

1. Use the extender and miss incoming calls (no problem with outgoing calls).

2. Unplug the extender, go into the front yard, stand on one foot, face northwest, and hope the call doesn't drop as there is only one bar.