Verizon 4G Network Extender 2 restricted access list.
ROBHOB28HAR
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I restrict access (users) to the 4G Network Extender 2?

With the 3G device it was possible to create a "user prioritized" access list within My Verizon devices.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon 4G Network Extender 2 restricted access list.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBHOB28HAR, we understand the importance of making sure you are able to control who is able to connect to your 4G network extender. Allow us the opportunity to further go over the details. The 4G Network extender 2 does not provide an option to have a “user prioritized” list as the 3G network extender did. You will have the option to view the connected devices which will show the current connected users as well as the peak Network extender capacity utilization over the last hour and 24 hour period. Please follow this link http://spr.ly/6585De7yP for steps on how to view this information. Please reference page 4 in the user guide (Contents) Chapter 3 and select page 19 for connected devices.

We want to make sure we can provide you the best resolution for your concern. Can you please tell us why you are looking to have a “user prioritized” list?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
ROBHOB28HAR
Enthusiast - Level 2

SylviaT,

Thank you for reply and information.

Help Desk support suggested otherwise and provided documents for the now

unavailable 3G device.

The reason I want to restrict or control access to my network extender is

local cell tower coverage in my proximity is patchy at best and I dont want

to be the pseudo Verizon network provider for the community. My internet

access is limited and I want to maintain service for family and friends.

Robert (Bob) [Removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

jav6
Champion - Level 3

The 3G Network Extender is available on eBay verizon 3g network extender | eBay and Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=3g+network+extender+verizon&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=...

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBHOB28HAR, we do understand the importance of controlling the network allotment on the Network Extender. This particular model does not support white listing numbers for connectivity. I understand that this is not the news you want to. As stated the 3G Model does support White Listing number to have priority.

AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

ROBHOB28HAR
Enthusiast - Level 2

May I suggest the User Manual, online and included with the device, should

be revised to remove the reference to CSG, Page 11

See attached.

The page references CSG Open / Hybrid / Closed. The diagram shows Closed in

the display whereas the device only has Open.

Robert (Bob)

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can tell you’ve really done your homework on this, ROBHOB28HAR. Thank you for your specific feedback. I’m sending it to Samsung so that it can be addressed. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

GumbyDammit223
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm really surprised why Samsung/Verizon is taking this security issue so lightly.  Technically it's no different from allowing open access to one's network router.  Sure, I believe it's much more difficult to hack into another device connected to the extender, but it's still a form of Theft of Service.

Guys - please address this!  Thanks!!

TRAFFICLAW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm guessing the Verizon monkeyed with the firmware (it's a compulsion) and eliminated the closed option because they want the extenders to funcion as auxiliary mini-towers. They should be paying you to host their Network traffic. LOL

BuyingTime
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not to revive an old thread, but this seems crazy that just anyone can use someone elses Network Extender.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but if one of my neighbors is unkowinly connected to our Extender, and they dial 911, won't they come to my address instead of theres due to the GPS location?  If so, Verizon and Samsung need to correc this ASAP!  

My neighbors have no idea they're connected to our device, they call 911 assuming that their celluar triangulization position is being sent to the e911 system... and ooppss... they never show up.  Liability suit if I've ever seen one!

0 Likes