Verizon Extender
Dennesa19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a customer with Verizon for 16 years! and I don't get ANY service at my house and I do not want to pay $250 for an extender I already pay $210 a month is there anything I do so I don't have to PAY for it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Dennesa19! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your data connection. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? When did this issue start? What are the cross streets and zip code of your current location? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Dennesa19
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support For 3 years since we moved but we didn't mind at the time but it's at the point we about to switch and I've had called they said we have to pay for it and my zip is 28746 and cross street is Bills Creek 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you have Wi-Fi at your home location? If so, has utilizing such for calling proven fruitful? AustinL_VZW

0 Likes
Dennesa19
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support Yes indeed I do and what do you mean?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Dennesa19 wrote:

@vzw_customer_support Yes indeed I do and what do you mean?

I think they meant that if you have a smart phone(s) with advanced calling capabilities, you could turn on WiFi calling.  That way when connected to WiFi your calls should complete using the WiFi network instead of the cellular network.  What make/model phone(s) do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Dennesa19
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jav6 Oh i use WIFI calling but it turns off when I'm on the call and I don't know why 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Dennesa19 wrote:

@jav6 Oh i use WIFI calling but it turns off when I'm on the call and I don't know why 

What make/model phone do you have?  How have you turned WiFi calling?  Which settings?

0 Likes
Dennesa19
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jav6  I have an iPhone 7plus and my son have an iPhone 11 Max Pro and WIFI calling always does out for both of ours 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Dennesa19 wrote:

@jav6  I have an iPhone 7plus and my son have an iPhone 11 Max Pro and WIFI calling always does out for both of ours 

I don't have an iPhone and am not familiar with its setting of WiFi calling (maybe others familiar will jump in here).  It could be WiFi calling may be activated but cell service is also still active and the software gets confused if the cell signal increases to an acceptable range and the phone tries to switch over.  Maybe you need to set WiFi calling ONLY if possible, or when home put the phone in Airplane mode and then manually turn WiFi back on.  That might disable the cell service and lock the WiFi calling on only.

0 Likes