Verizon LTE Network Extender ASK-SFE116 - Phones Won't Connect
ncsam
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got the Verizon LTE Network Extender (model ASK-SFE116) and completed the setup process. Despite the device indicating that service is "Active, Open," none of my devices will connect. Tier 2 tech support confirmed the setup was completed properly and activated on Verizon's side. After many failed troubleshooting steps, I was told many of these devices are defective (which makes sense given reviews on this device indicate many users experience the same issue). I exchanged the device for another one, but am having the same issue.

Has anyone had a similar issue that they were able to resolve?

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon LTE Network Extender ASK-SFE116 - Phones Won't Connect
sdjimbob
Enthusiast - Level 2

They have been unable to resolve my similar issue. My fix is to pull the power from the network extender, plug back in after about 30 seconds. Let it boot up. Then once active, you can try resetting phones' network settings. If you're lucky, the phone will then connect (in my experience it will take the phones at least 1-3 hours), but it won't last more than 48 hours before the phone gets knocked out again. 

These devices are hunks of junk.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@ncsam wrote:

I recently got the Verizon LTE Network Extender (model ASK-SFE116) and completed the setup process. Despite the device indicating that service is "Active, Open," none of my devices will connect. Tier 2 tech support confirmed the setup was completed properly and activated on Verizon's side. After many failed troubleshooting steps, I was told many of these devices are defective (which makes sense given reviews on this device indicate many users experience the same issue). I exchanged the device for another one, but am having the same issue.

Has anyone had a similar issue that they were able to resolve?

What make/model phones won't connect?  Are any phones able to connect?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ncsam, we appreciate the steps you have taken in efforts to activate your Network Extender. We are sorry to hear that none of your devices are connecting properly. Let's further review the details. What happens when you dial #48? What steps have you completed from the setup process https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-234053? Does the Network Extender have a stable GPS signal https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-234056/?     

0 Likes
ncsam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: After being plugged in for 5 days with no devices connecting, both of my phones randomly connected to the extender. The phones in question are a Note 8 and an iPhone 11. They connection worked for 6 days, and now only the iPhone is connected (as confirmed by dialing #48). All setup steps were completed properly as confirmed by multiple T2 techs and the fact that the extender worked fine for several days. The GPS has a strong connection.

I will try to restart the extender and reset the phone's network settings to see if that helps. Any other suggestions, or better yet, a permanent fix from Verizon on these extenders, would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please let us know if this step helped. 

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

So the ONLY network extender Verizon sells, per this poster

I was told many of these devices are defective (which makes sense given reviews on this device indicate many users experience the same issue).

dont work?  Sigh...I have the Samsung or whatever it is and it is working for now, but someday i will need a new one so these stories depress me.

0 Likes
ncsam
Enthusiast - Level 2

After restarting the extender and waiting a couple hours, all devices were able to connect back to it. There doesn't seem to be any explanation for what causes the devices to disconnect, or what lets them connect back. I didn't have to reset the network settings on my phone - the connection came back without this being necessary.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ncsam, we are delighted to learn that your Network Extender is working properly. I rely on my phone now more than ever since I am home a lot, so I know how inconvenient this issue must have been for you. It may have been that your home internet connection was not working with the Network Extender properly.

I hope this information helps. JacobG_VZW  

0 Likes
HANSDAD1

What "STEP" are you referring to? I had mine replaced and setup the new one last night. It finally connected after rebooting, again. This morning"You are NOT connected to 4G". Here we go again. What is the REAL issue with these units?

0 Likes