Verizon LTE Network Extender stuck on connecting to SeGW server
coastaldata

I've been trying to get this thing working for days as I have no cell signal here at home.

The device connects to satellites, I can connect to it over the network via my computer, but the screen on the device is stuck at "Connecting to SeGW server".

I cannot dial #48 with my google pixel, it just complains about there being no signal and times out. I tried with a galaxy s21 and that was no better.

Is this device defective? I've already spent hours and hours on the phone and still cannot even send an sms message. I have a ticket number from tech support for this issue, it is 10968417.

If this thing is junk, then lets get it turned around, please, I'm dying here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon LTE Network Extender stuck on connecting to SeGW server
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Resolution is certainly something we strive for, coastaldata. It concerns us that, even with a ticket, things have not changed. We will send a private note to continue this conversation.

-George

0 Likes
coastaldata

Thank you, replied via private message.

0 Likes
Harold6

This is my account and I really need this to work.

Please advise.

0 Likes
Harold6

Please fix my extender, it is stuck and does not work.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Harold6 wrote:

Please fix my extender, it is stuck and does not work.

Sounds like the MAC ID of your extender is NOT associated to your account in the SEGW server database properly.  Verizon Tech Support needs to get it in the database properly so the device can successfully connect to it.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to help with any questions or concerns. Please send us a Private Note? 

*Gen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Harold6, thanks for reaching out to us about this via this platform. The network extender can be essential, so, I want to help in any way. Please respond to this private note, so I can assist you better. -Dia

0 Likes
panderhaar

I have an extender with this same issue. I just changed from Verizon post-pay to Verizon prepaid since I use very little data and Verizon post-pay didn't have a plan for me. During the changeover (Verizon actually transferred me to customer service at Prepaid) I asked over and over if I could still use this extender and the answer was "yes". Well it worked for a few days on my old plan, when I switched to prepaid it quit working. My husband also has Verizon on a different plan (through work) and we really need better coverage where we live. This extender helped both of us greatly. Having 1-2 bars and dropping calls, missing calls and messages just isn't cutting it. We thought this would be our lifeline, but not if it isn't working. I've read on forums that possibly VZW needs to link the MAC address on my extender to my new account, but since Verizon prepaid is so new, it doesn't seem anybody knows anything about it. I can't talk to anybody in relation to my old account since it no longer exists. I'm still within the 30 days return window if this device has to go back, but I really would prefer phone service. If not we may have to make a move to AT&T since our neighbors tell us their signal is rather good. Don't want to do that since we have great coverage everywhere else ... except in our home. Help please, who can I contact to resolve. Appears Level 2 support is needed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, panderhaar. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are  sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes