Re: Verizon MiFi Jetpack 8800L won't connect or accept my VPN configuration files from express VPN.
stewart1975
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only provider that the device works with is Nord VPN, where you can download the .udp or .tcp vpn files.  I use VPN Unlimited and they don't provide these and were of no help in assisting me to reformat the standard .ovpn files to the rather odd .udp file.  This modem is useless to me without the VPN functionality, but I am outside of my return window.  VERIZON, are you listening?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon MiFi Jetpack 8800L won't connect or accept my VPN configuration files from express VPN.
stewart1975
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only Nord VPN files have worked for me.  They are in the format of .UDP and .TCP, and you'll have to dig around, but you can download these in a file for all servers.

Hope this helps.  I banged my head around like all other users I hgad read about until I finally discovered this.

The troubleshooting from Verizon on this issue is brainless and pathetic, since they seem to know zero about the only VPN config for this device, which is WAY outside of industry standards.

RETURN these garbage devices!

0 Likes
stewart1975
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's a link that shows the .UDP and .TCP files that will work.

I looked at the makeup of the files and was able to construct a working one by comparing my .OVPN file and .UDP file, and priding the needed elements and cert to compile the .UDP file as shown.

Worked the first time!  No thanks to VZW!

RV10
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears that Version filtered out the link you posted.  I sent you a PM with my email address.

thanks,

bob

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies, RV10. I did not get your private message. I have sent you one so I can help -Amber

0 Likes
aidni23

Hi its not showing the link and I am trying to set up my Nord with the Jetpack, anyway you could email me what files are needed? [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, aidni23. We'd be glad to assist with troubleshooting or any account changes. If you need any help, please feel free to send us Private Note.

CelesteR_VZW

0 Likes
tankerm1a2mg

was anyone able to get the modified ovpn files?

0 Likes
Just-A-Jeep
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having similar issues trying to connect VPN Unlimited.  Their software generates a .ovpn file and the 8800L generates a "error in file" message.  It looks like others have fixed the error but you are not sharing it. 

I'm looking for help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Just-A-Jeep. Thank you for reaching out to us. We want to make sure that your services are working properly, especially when it comes to your Jetpack data connection. To start, we want to ensure that we have all the information. Apart from the VPN connection, is your Jetpack able to make a stable connection to the data?

0 Likes