Verizon Network Extender 2 IPSec Dropping?
spritecranberry

We are a school trying to set up a Samsung Verizon Network Extender 2 in an area where there is no cell service off of our network. We have worked with our network team to do the necessary port forwards and have so far been unsuccessful getting the device to get past Step 8a: Connecting to Verizon Network. 

On the admin page, I have noticed that the IPSec will go from Reachable to N/A to Unreachable to Reachable about every minute or so. We are curious to know whether this is by design of the product or if this is a fault?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Network Extender 2 IPSec Dropping?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spritecranberry,

Being able to stay connected at your school is always important. We want to make sure you can count on your devices and we'll be glad to help figure this out. That suggests the internet security protocols are having trouble being reached. This could mean something in the internet you are connecting the device to is still not properly forwarded or set up. Have you been able to try the extender in any other locations or with any other internet connection to see if it will connect? Is there any signal at all available normally in this location?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Network Extender 2 IPSec Dropping?
pgreyVZW
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

spritecranberry,

Being able to stay connected at your school is always important. We want to make sure you can count on your devices and we'll be glad to help figure this out. That suggests the internet security protocols are having trouble being reached. This could mean something in the internet you are connecting the device to is still not properly forwarded or set up. Have you been able to try the extender in any other locations or with any other internet connection to see if it will connect? Is there any signal at all available normally in this location?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

@vzw_customer_support 

I have set up ALL the necessary port-forwards, AND tried putting it into a DMZ, to no-avail.

This FAILS, EVERY TIME, on a key-exchange, in an attempt to use IPSec with ISAKMP.

I'm open to ideas, this thing WILL NOT connect to the key-exchange server, NO-way-NO-how, what's next?

There is NOT a solution, in this reply, that I see?

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

0 Likes