Verizon Network Extender Won't connect
Not applicable

I just hooked up a new network extender and it will not connect (Samsung SCS-2U01, manf. 3/16).  It powers up, connects to the modem (I went direct, instead of through the router), but the system light quick flashes and the GPS stays magenta.  Just to eliminate most of the usual questions, I borrowed a extender from a friend and under exact operating conditions, it goes "all green" in about 10 minutes and works perfectly. (it also works through my router just fine)

I called the so called Verizon "customer support" five times, dropped twice.  Two "techs" said they would register the device, but the asked me for the fcc id number.  Shouldn't they be asking for the MACID number, instead?  The last "tech"  hung up on me, when I questioned why she wanted the fcc approval ID number, since it was a number common to any extender built during a certain time frame, and not a number unique to my individual device.

I'd like it to work, but maybe I should just send it back.  Trouble is, there was no return shipping label sent, it doesn't show up on my purchases (prepaid account) and there is no information on Verizon's multitude of FAQs on where to go now.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Network Extender Won't connect
Azelgin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, after a visit to the corporate store, all is well.  I had to change account type and the staff was great.  Turns out you cannot register a network extender to a prepaid account.  Even so, the online sales department sold it to me, knowing I was planning on using it for my prepaid plans (2).  As I suspected, it was never registered to the Verizon Network and the correct registration number is indeed the MAC ID number, and NOT the FCC ID number.  The store was able to refund the purchase price, waive the restocking fee, refund my prepay amount, resell me the equipment, activate it and get me out the door within 45 minutes.  I had spent almost 8 hours on the phone with various Verizon "Techs", none of which really had a clue, about what was going on.  I would mark this answered, but I no longer have access to the old account.  By the way, the extender does exactly what I want it to and I'll be dropping my Centurylink landline, shortly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You do need to register the extender on your MyVerizon account. I think you can add it yourself through the online portal for your account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The extender apparently was never registered on the Verizon system before it was shipped and now time is running out on returning it, since no return label was sent with the order. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you purchase it from Verizon Wireless?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yup.  Bought online and it wasn't added to my devices, in my account.  That means I can't return it from my account.  I spent another two hours on the phone this morning.  It was suggested I take it to a corporate owend store, to see if they could return it for me.

0 Likes
Azelgin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, after a visit to the corporate store, all is well.  I had to change account type and the staff was great.  Turns out you cannot register a network extender to a prepaid account.  Even so, the online sales department sold it to me, knowing I was planning on using it for my prepaid plans (2).  As I suspected, it was never registered to the Verizon Network and the correct registration number is indeed the MAC ID number, and NOT the FCC ID number.  The store was able to refund the purchase price, waive the restocking fee, refund my prepay amount, resell me the equipment, activate it and get me out the door within 45 minutes.  I had spent almost 8 hours on the phone with various Verizon "Techs", none of which really had a clue, about what was going on.  I would mark this answered, but I no longer have access to the old account.  By the way, the extender does exactly what I want it to and I'll be dropping my Centurylink landline, shortly.

0 Likes