Verizon Samsung 4G LTE Extender MTU packet size
Mp3Markel

Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with packet fragmentation when using a Samsung 4G LTE Extender on my network. This device utilizes an IPSec tunnel to the Verizon securiy gateway, the circuits in my network also utilize point-to-point IPSec tunnels for privacy reasons.

The packet size coming from the 4G extender is too large and causing packets to become fragmented and has prevented me from being able to make phone calls on some devices and has stopped all picture text messaging. There's an option to adjust the MTU size to 1380 in the 4G extender but I need to reduce it even further, can anyone suggest how?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Samsung 4G LTE Extender MTU packet size
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing that information for me, Mp3Markel. I am sorry that you're experiencing problems with your picture texts and packet fragmentation. The speed through your ISP determines what you can use with your extender, and generally speaking it's recommended to use no more than two devices at the same time. That is set up by your provider and you should have a set amount of Internet for the extender to work properly. If you have your router set up as shown in this link enclosed, have you contacted your ISP to make sure you're meeting the speed requirements:

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mp3Markel

Thanks for your response Tina, this device I'm using is enterprise level equipment being utilized in an office supporting various clients. I need to force the reduction on of the packet to prevent fragmentation going across my own WAN circuits, I don't have an ISP involved with this until it goes to the internet, the problem however is occurring before the ISP. Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MpsMarkel, thank you for explaining exactly what is happening. This device is designed with the specific option of reducing to that 1380 size. As any change outside of this is not directly supported by the device manufacturer we would be unable to provide steps to make any additional change. You may wish to contact the manufacturer at http://spr.ly/6584ERi0E for any option to change this built in setting.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes