Verizon WiFi extender piece of garbage
SonyaVJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchase a Verizon WiFi extender from Verizon  in the fall for hundreds of dollars. Spring arrived and I think the leaves obscured the view for gps. Idk ,I’m not tech savvy. I called and talked to Verizon tech for more than an hour trying to troubleshoot this.  We were disconnected and never heard jack back from Verizon.   We are unable to take phone calls inside our house because they are always dropped.  So disappointed in my service of 20 years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon WiFi extender piece of garbage
SonyaVJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

appreciate it. It’s the 4G LTE Network Extender

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@SonyaVJ wrote:

I purchase a Verizon WiFi extender from Verizon  in the fall for hundreds of dollars. Spring arrived and I think the leaves obscured the view for gps. Idk ,I’m not tech savvy. I called and talked to Verizon tech for more than an hour trying to troubleshoot this.  We were disconnected and never heard jack back from Verizon.   We are unable to take phone calls inside our house because they are always dropped.  So disappointed in my service of 20 years.

Are you trying to use a WiFi extender for WiFi calling?  Or, are you referring to a Network Extender which creates a local network cell tower in your home for a cell signal that uses your internet connection for calls?  What exact model device do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Mags1

I am a different customer.... I have a network extender and the extender is a Samsung Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 and it appears to be working but our phones are unable to connect. Already tried rebooting whole system and turning off WIFI and still phones are not connected.  Any ideas??

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Mags1 wrote:

I am a different customer.... I have a network extender and the extender is a Samsung Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 and it appears to be working but our phones are unable to connect. Already tried rebooting whole system and turning off WIFI and still phones are not connected.  Any ideas??

Instead of hijacking someone elses thread/issue, you should be creating a NEW thread with your issue.  What make/model phones do you have and are they LTE capable?   By 'unable to connect' exactly what do you mean, e.g. will not get a cell signal from your extender or not able to make a call?  What lights does your extender have?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mags1, thanks for reaching out. The Network Extender is always a great device to use to help improve cellular service indoors. Jav6, has asked some pretty important questions. Can you please provide us with the make and model of your device? Also, what lights are showing on the Network Extender. Please keep us posted. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Mags1

I'm sorry I hijacked someone else's thread.. I'm not really tech savvy and thought with a similar issue I might get answers.  Light is on extender and it says in service.  When I dial #48 verizon tells me I am not connected to Verizon Extender network

0 Likes
Mags1

We have iPhones - an iPhone 7 and iPhone Xr

0 Likes
Mags1

Extender is a Samsung and model number is: SLS-BU10B. There is a single solid blue light on the front and the panel says In Service

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Mags1 wrote:

Extender is a Samsung and model number is: SLS-BU10B. There is a single solid blue light on the front and the panel says In Service

Do you have any family/friends with Android phones to see if they can connect to the extender?  Have you looked at the 4GLTE Network Extender 2 SLS-BU10B User Guide for troubleshooting?  From the extenders admin page:

4G Net Extender 2 status.jpg

Also, the system requirements:

4G Net Extender 2 sys req.jpg

0 Likes
Mags1

Possibly later today I could ask a friend with an android to see if they are able to connect to extender.  Our iPhones have always been able to connect without issue. This is a new problem for us in the last 24 hrs. I will go look at the Samsung SLS-BU10B manual.  Since this is a new issue I'm not sure that will help but I'll try

0 Likes