Wall jack or router?
TARHEEL_GAL

Can the extender be plugged into an wall jack via ethernet cable or must it be plugged into the router?  Our router is in a closet and nowhere near a window.  If it must be in the router, can I skip the GPS connection?  We have an AT&T phone that could be used for 911.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wall jack or router?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I don't think extenders need to be connected DIRECTLY to a router, only have the network connectivity.  If your house has ethernet wiring, it should work.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Wall jack or router?
santoc_vzw
Verizon Employee

TARHEEL_GAL, I rely on my network extender and understand the importance of knowing exactly how to connect the device.  I am here to get you the information you need about the connection.  When it comes to connecting the Network Extender, it must be connected to an available LAN port on a router or modem with always-on Internet access.  You will need to use the GPS of the extender so it can be located to provide you service.  Are you currently having issues setting one up? 

SantoC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes