Weak signal at home
Len824

Using an AC791L Jetpack, I have a weak signal inside house.  If I go outside and get high enough to see the tower, I get 5 bars and 45 to 50 Mbps.  In the house I get 1-2 bars and 3-4 Mbps.  Is there something I can get to "bring" the 5 bars signal inside my house?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak signal at home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Len824-

Having the best possible signal inside your home is always essential. We will find a solution to your signal concern. When did this issue begin? While connected to your Jetpack, please go to www.speedtest.net and run a speed test. Please share your download and upload speeds.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Weak signal at inside house
Len824

It all started 2 years ago and getting worse.  I have used a jetpack since 2006 and it was fine in the early days even at my current location. I have purchased a new jetpack and computer about 8 months ago and that did not help.  Ran a speed test inside house and got 3 - 4 Mbps download, 1 - 2 upload with 2 bars.  Outside (on the roof where I can see the tower - one mile away) 46 - 50 Mbps download, 12 - 16 Mbps upload with 5 bars using an AC791L Verizon Jetpack with my Mac laptop connected.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Weak signal at inside house
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those details, Len824. It is true that indoor service can be weaker due to structural limitations that prevent a stronger signal. It is good to hear that your service works well outdoors. Typical 4G LTE speeds are around 5-12 MBPS download and 2-5 MBPS upload speeds, and it appears to be just under the normal speeds when you are in your home. While we can't guarantee service indoors, we do want to help you find an option to stay connected while in your home. Do you happen to also have home Wi-Fi service available, that you can use to connect your devices while in your home? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes