Where is "Managed Access" on my 4G LTE Network Extender?
BF-K

I have a 3G Network Extender that has stopped working. I "upgraded" it to a new 4G LTE Network Extender and now I find this message on the VZW website: “Managed access is not available for 4G LTE Network Extenders at this time. Managed access will allow you to control which callers have access to the Network Extender network.” Customer service could not give me a projection as to when this important feature will become available.

I have used Managed Access for years with my 3G device, and I consider it important. I did not purchase my extender to give Verizon more infrastructure for other customers. When will this feature be available for the new device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where is "Managed Access" on my 4G LTE Network Extender?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BF-K, we fully understand your concern with the access management option for the 4G network extender. Currently we do not have a timeframe if or when this will be available.

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
giroux236
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same concern. I can not use my wifi connection reliably any longer as so many VZW customers in my neighborhood are able to connect to my extender....  Any update on when access management will be available??  This is crazy...  I should be paid a monthly fee from VZW for helping out their customers who have poor service...   This has got to be addressed ASAP

JohnsonRW18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi.  My situation is similar to yours.  I had a 3G extender with managed access.  This was helpful, as I live in a condominium.  My 3G extender failed, so I replaced it with a 4G version, which I installed today.

In attempting to transfer my authorized phone numbers, I just discovered the 4G version doesn't allow managed access.  I read through a lengthy closed community forum about this.

I found your post.  It appears Verizon may not have an effort to add managed network access to the 4G extender.  If this is the case, and I continue to get bumped off of my own extended network, I will think long and hard before I upgrade our aging Verizon Wireless mobile phones.

My wife's employer (U.S. Government) recently switched from Verizon to AT&T.  She gets great reception throughout her work travels.  (But her phone is no longer compatible with Verizon network extenders).

Here's my point - As a long-time loyal Verizon Wireless customer, I'm not the least bit amused in discovering that my continued loyalty to Verizon Wireless is met with (at best) uncertainty that a newly-fielded NexGen product may not continue with important legacy features.  For apartment and condo residents, this is not helpful.

I'm sorry you have similar dissatisfaction.  I guess we're not alone.

0 Likes
giroux236
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERIZON, please chime in and give us some answers to this question.....   This is a real concern, and it needs to be addressed. If not, please put out a request to anyone who has a 4g LTE network extender to provide you with a bank account number for VZW to pay us monthly for the service we are providing your customers. This is all ridiculous....

JohnsonRW18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!  I'm watching the traffic on my 4G extender - Not pleased, at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello GIROUX236,

We are sorry this managed access mode is unavailable on your 4G Network Extender, and know what an inconvenience this  must be. At the time, it is currently unavailable and we are not provided with an estimated time frame as to when it will be available. You can find out more about the FAQ's here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/. Under the section called Management and Security #1, it provides the answer to your question. Thank you for reaching out to us, and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Anna_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnsonRW18
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have to say that I am displeased with Verizon Wireless’ decision to field this product without the ability to limit who can access the extender.

I will take this decision under strong advisement, when my wife and I upgrade our aging phones.

Consider me a very dissatisfied customer at this point.  I have been a loyal Verizon customer since the early 90s.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your response.

Thank you.

Richard

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnsonRW18, staying connected is certainly important. I would be glad to help get to the bottom of this. To ensure we are aligned, I do have a few questions. Where did you purchase your extender from? What is the make/model of the 4G extender? How many devices do you connect to the 4G extender? 

Jaime_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnsonRW18
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was purchased through, and shipped from, Verizon Wireless. I bought it to replace and upgrade my failed 3G network extender. It is the Verizon Network Extender 2.

I only want my number, and my wife’s two phones connected. But because it only offers the open mode, any fellow condominium resident within range can, and has connected. So far, I’ve seen at least 4 other lines using my extender. These users are not doing anything wrong, since they are automatically connected.

This will get worse for us. Not being able to control access (like I could with my failed 3G extender) is what upsets me.