Why does the 4G extender work intermittently?
kdwinch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a 4G extender in August.  It worked great for about a month.  The past few weeks both of our phones will lose connection to the 4G extender for several hours per day.  The status of the extender shows in service via the lcd panel and web interface.

I have tried rebooting phones and extender, turn advance calling on/off.  I have DSL with 40M/20M that is very stable.

Both phones droid turbo and droid turbo 2 will drop connection to the extender at the same time.

ARRGGHH!

Kent

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G extender works intermittently
kdwinch
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 4G extender has been working again since Nov 16.

Calls to network center gave three answers:

1. Problems with Iphone 7(we don't have any)

2. Droid Turbo 2 needed update - I have one but no sign it was updated

3. Oracle and Samsung updated something - not sure where Oracle fits in the picture.

4 days of solid operation with no errors in the status log!  🙂

Kent

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

We definitely want your connection to the Network Extender to be as stable as it was when you first activated it kdwinch. Let’s get all basic troubleshooting done as this may resolve this issue. Please visit this link and click on the get started button to do all basic troubleshooting: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-troubleshooting/?lid=sayt&sayt=netwo...

After clicking on the Get Started button/link enter this in the how can we help field: Data connection issue when using network extender

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kdwinch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have gone through the basic trouble shooting multiple times.

All the settings are correct.  The 4G extender works for hours at a time,l then won't work for hours at a time.

Tow different models of phones lose the 4G connection at the same time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you have exhausted the troubleshooting tool, we can do some deeper troubleshooting.  We will need to message privately to continue.  I will send you a message directly.

noahs_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
reggie14

I just started having this problem.  In my case, it started right when I got an iPhone 7.  Do you live close enough to other people that someone might be trying to connect an iPhone 7?

You should try your LTE Extender web admin page. You'll need to find the IP address of your 4G extender first. You can do that by cycling through the screens on the front of the network extender.

Type that address in a web browser. When prompted, the default password for the extender is LteFemt0 (that's a zero at the end).

Then go to About->Status and Alerts. On that page, under Status Details, there should be something that says System Detail History. Click on that and look for messages saying the extender is "Not In-Service."

0 Likes
kdwinch
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are a lot of "not in service" messages.  We don't have any iphone7s but I do notice via the we b interface that other devices are connected to the extender sometimes.

I hope this can be fixed, it was great when it was working.

0 Likes
reggie14

I bet that's it.  Verizon is investigating a compatibility problem between the LTE extender and iPhone 7 models.  If you just call in to technical support, they don't know anything about it.  But all the complaints are being tied back to a single parent ticket.  So, you may need to ask them to file an NRB ticket before they'll fess up to the likely cause.

0 Likes
kdwinch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I called and opened a network ticket, talked with someone who acknowledged the iPhone 7 issues.  Weird that a phone can screw up the extender for other phones.

Hope they get it fixed!

I plan to ask for at least a partial refund since the extender is totally useless.

0 Likes
kdwinch
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 4G extender has been working again since Nov 16.

Calls to network center gave three answers:

1. Problems with Iphone 7(we don't have any)

2. Droid Turbo 2 needed update - I have one but no sign it was updated

3. Oracle and Samsung updated something - not sure where Oracle fits in the picture.

4 days of solid operation with no errors in the status log!  🙂

Kent

0 Likes