Why doesn't my network extender show any bars?
lgreen44

I just replaced a broken LG G2- with a Nexus 6.

My network extender now shows no bars, no house icon and minimal signal.

All Verizon techs can prove is that I am under network extender coverage-with no benefits.

Does anyone else have this problem, a workaround? I have turned off the enhanced LTE and such with no success.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Extender Issues
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only "inexpensive" fix for this is to disable LTE on the Nexus 6. Some phones do not connect to the network extenders on the slightest sign of LTE on the assumption that the native signal from the tower will be sufficient. Some are also designed to connect up to the LTE network and place calls on that primarily.

The best solution for resolving this is to purchase a WeBoost amplifier for the outside signal. These will work with both LTE and 3G, as if you were connected to the native tower. It's not the hacked together solution that the Network Extenders create.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lgreen747,

That is definitely odd and we want to make sure that you receive the service you need where you need it. To be sure, you have been able to confirm the device is connected to the extender? Is this when dialing #48? Have you attempted to reset the extender itself? What status lights are being displayed on the extender? Is the extender connected to your home router and is your home internet service working? Please share some additional details and keep us posted. 

LED Status Light Meanings: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-network-extender-led/

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lgreen44

I am frustrated beyond belief... I have spent a very long time with your

tech on chat. I went to tier 4, I have even replaced the Nexus 6 as DOA.

ridiculous that issues like this are not pre-flighted.

On Nov 6, 2015 3:54 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lgreen747,

That is definitely not the experience that we want you to have and we are absolutely still here for assistance. What was determined or explained to you during your call to technical support?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSuppot
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only "inexpensive" fix for this is to disable LTE on the Nexus 6. Some phones do not connect to the network extenders on the slightest sign of LTE on the assumption that the native signal from the tower will be sufficient. Some are also designed to connect up to the LTE network and place calls on that primarily.

The best solution for resolving this is to purchase a WeBoost amplifier for the outside signal. These will work with both LTE and 3G, as if you were connected to the native tower. It's not the hacked together solution that the Network Extenders create.

0 Likes