Re: Range Extender Sys Light is Green
Tom13676

I am in zip code 12980. This problem of green SYS light has occurred briefly intermittently for an uncertain period prior to yesterday but now the green light persists. I chatted with VZ support yesterday around 5 pm EST, and with a reset (cold reboot) got the blue light back. But now, about 20 hours later, I just noticed the green has returned and has persisted. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the details, we appreciate it. We know it is important to have your Network Extender working accordingly, and we want to help you in the best way possible. What is the make and model of the extender? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
joelg34

likewise notice green sys light last night ,still green??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update joelg34. We want to help with your issue so that you're able to have the service you need. Did you try turning the Network Extender off and on? Has there been any changes or issues with your home network connection? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3
@joelg34 wrote:

likewise notice green sys light last night ,still green??

If you have a SYS light, it would appear that @Tom13676 and you have the 3G model extenders.  As the user manuals describe, the SYS light indicates communication status with the VZW network.  This is thru your internet connection so if it is not blue then there is something going on there.  It may be temporary where the internet gateway to the VZW network is having issues or your internet access is having issues.   It would be nice if Verizon or Samsung could explain exactly what a 'green' status light indicates.

3G Extender Lights.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Tom13676 wrote:

I am in zip code 12980. This problem of green SYS light has occurred briefly intermittently for an uncertain period prior to yesterday but now the green light persists. I chatted with VZ support yesterday around 5 pm EST, and with a reset (cold reboot) got the blue light back. But now, about 20 hours later, I just noticed the green has returned and has persisted. 

Geez, earlier in this thread (2017) the 'green' light issue was identified by @RLSanders  having done some research:

RLSanders

Same story here, and same timing as to when the sys light changed to green from blue.

I did some research. It was difficult to find valid info--the official Verizon documentation doesn't even recognize that a green sys light is possible. But ultimately I found the following: The green light indicates a problem at Verizon's end that is causing the Network Extender to only provide 1X service, not the normal 3G. As a practical matter, this doesn't matter for me, since when I'm at home I'm going to be using wifi for anything that would require 3G instead of 1X. But since it does mean something is wrong at Verizon's end, it would be good to hear from a Verizon rep who knows what's going on.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
RLSanders
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, I've long since given up on the Network Extender in favor of wifi calling. Better sound and much more reliable.

Tom13676

My network extender is a Samsung Model SCS-2U01 and displays a "Date of Manufacturing:  04 2015".  Again, my zipcode is 12980.  

FYI, the extender was alternately blue and green for the past 3 days, even after a cold reboot.  This morning, however, all has shown blue and maintained blue for a couple of hours.  More to the good, the "3G" now displays on my iPhone rather than "1x", when wifi is turned off on the iPhone, and Ookla speedtest shows still limited but improved capability to access the internet when wifi is turned off on the iPhone.  As long as the system stays as it is, then I don't think I have a problem.  If that changes, then I'll be in touch!

0 Likes
Tom13676

The message above from @Tom13676 was for RachelM_VZW.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate the information provided.Turn off all the devices on the home network i.e. Modem, Router and Network Extender. Turn the devices back on in the following order:Modem Router >Network Extender. - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes