Wifi Extender 2 stuck on 11a
M5Pilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else wake up to their network extender 2 stuck on 11a?  From previous 11a posts a few years ago it looks like the receiver can't receive code from Verizon and so it's a problem on their end.  I've tried several reboots with no help.

Labels (1)
Re: Wifi Extender 2 stuck on 11a
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

M5Pilot, we are here for you to help with your Network Extender. Have you been able to power the device off and then on again to see if this issue persists? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
kgibbs65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  Unplugging it and resetting it has had no effect.

juandeleon
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@M5Pilot wrote:

Anyone else wake up to their network extender 2 stuck on 11a?  From previous 11a posts a few years ago it looks like the receiver can't receive code from Verizon and so it's a problem on their end.  I've tried several reboots with no help.

Yes, according to the User Manual, network connection to the management server is failing.  Make sure your internet connection is fine with other devices.   As others are having similar issues, it may be that the server is having issues or under (scheduled) maintenance.

(If this, in fact, is the Network Extender 2, it is NOT a WiFi extender but a 4G signal extender.  You might change the thread title, if you can.)

4G Net Extender Step 11a issue.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Chadgriffiths
Enthusiast - Level 1

im having the same issue, I’ve rebooted mine several times and it’s still stuck on 11a of 14

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Chadgriffiths wrote:

im having the same issue, I’ve rebooted mine several times and it’s still stuck on 11a of 14

Do you, or anyone else, know the IP address of the management server the extender is trying to communicate with?  Router logs should show the attempts when you reboot.  Doing a traceroute might show if there is an issue getting to the destination and a ping might show if it is alive (and responding to the ICMP request which it might not normally).

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
FiddleOfGold
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. It isn't just you. Woke up this morning to see that it was in the setup process but stuck on 11a. Tried a reset, no joy. Moved it to another location closer to another window (for whatever reason), again...nothing. I guess I will wait and hope no one from the office tries to call. The extender is literally the only way I can get calls on my phone. I live in a known "dead zone". Oddly in a city, and yet they can't seem to figure out how to fix that either. 

FiddleOfGold
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can tell you that this has no effect. Moving it to another location, changing out Ethernet cables, changing the ports on the router, restarting entire system...nothing works. 

casohio2mn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. We are also in a known dead zone and have 3 Verizon 4g extenders in our house all stuck on 11a of 14. From reading posts and past experience we will not even try to reboot. We will take the wait and hope strategy......