Re: Wifi Extender 2 stuck on 11a
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Tried copy and paste, says character unwanted or whatever.

Tried quotes, couldnt get those to work either.

0 Likes
sam-the-gam
Enthusiast - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

My auto transmit power mode seems to be at zero, cant change it

does it matter?

Uncheck the check in "Automatic Transmit Power Mode" and you can adjust it. Mine defaults to 30% but I have trouble with reception with the Extender when I am upstairs so I have mine set to 100% and I have no issues with signal inside / outside my home. 

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

@jav6 wrote:

@randys12 wrote:

This is ridiculous, cant figure out how to reply to a post and have the post I am replying to show up in my post..

It depends on what device/app you're using to access the Community Forum.  I'm on my desktop, using a browser.  When I hit REPLY, I have editing options and when expanded, have a 'double quote' option which copies the post I'm replying to.

If you're using a mobile device, the browser does not give the editing options and you probably have to improvise, e.g. copy/paste if you can or add your own text identifying who/what you are responding to.

oh wait

randys12
Contributor - Level 1

@Hoodoo68 wrote:

I know many people seem to report, that they are back online. My unit is still not online and keeps failing at step 11b (Connecting to Serving Management Server.). I did the "Complete" Restart but it made no difference. I would do a Factory Reset if this is what is needed but so far I have not done so, hoping it would just come back online. 

Have people who got this to work done the factory reset or have units come back on their own without doing anything ? 

thanks

came back on its own

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

@sam-the-gam wrote:

@randys12 wrote:

does it matter?

Uncheck the check in "Automatic Transmit Power Mode" and you can adjust it. Mine defaults to 30% but I have trouble with reception with the Extender when I am upstairs so I have mine set to 100% and I have no issues with signal inside / outside my home. 

It says RECOMMENDED is 10dbm which is where it is set, like zero though...weird...i will leave for now, working good.  What is the DOWNSIDE to having it turned to 100% all the time I wonder?

AS TO this message board software...you have to find the quote symbol then click on it to include the quote you are quoting in the response...NEVER seen one this bad before, they could easily get a much better board for us but hey, cost money...they dont have enough yet I guess.

0 Likes
sam-the-gam
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Hoodoo68 wrote:

I know many people seem to report, that they are back online. My unit is still not online and keeps failing at step 11b (Connecting to Serving Management Server.). I did the "Complete" Restart but it made no difference. I would do a Factory Reset if this is what is needed but so far I have not done so, hoping it would just come back online. 

Have people who got this to work done the factory reset or have units come back on their own without doing anything ? 

thanks

Mine came back online automatically. I did not need to do a factory reset. I just unplugged Extender for 30 seconds and plugged it back in several times today. It finally came back on it's own.

0 Likes
LLCOOLTOO

Hahaha Roger that on "above my pay grade" lol me too.

0 Likes
sam-the-gam
Enthusiast - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

@sam-the-gam wrote:

@randys12 wrote:

does it matter?

It says RECOMMENDED is 10dbm which is where it is set, like zero though...weird...i will leave for now, working good.  What is the DOWNSIDE to having it turned to 100% all the time I wonder?

The downside of having it at 100% is that potentially your neighbors can access the Extender or it can be picked up outdoors like in your front / backyard of your home. 

0 Likes
nwsayer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, so it's been down all day long. Is it still the case that this is still not working for most folks and there is no estimated ETR?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@nwsayer wrote:

Ok, so it's been down all day long. Is it still the case that this is still not working for most folks and there is no estimated ETR?

It seems the most concerned/active posters are exploring ways to get their extender working again.  Powering off for 30 seconds or so before powering back on is one that worked.  Users are still not convinced the network of servers is completely ready for nationwide service yet.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes