Will a Verizon Network Extender work on the same DSL line as a Sprint Airave?
emichael

Will a Verizon Network Extender play nice on the same DSL line with a Sprint Airave? 

I currently have an AT&T Microcell sharing the DSL line with the Sprint Airave. The AT&T corporate phone is being switched to a Verizon corporate phone, and I will need a Verizon Network Extender as there is no cell service in my area from any mobile provider.  I literally have to drive 8 miles to get a cell signal - there are no towers in the area for any provider.  Switching the Sprint phone (spouse corporate phone) over to Verizon is not an option, so it is imperative these two femtocells from different vendors will share the same Internet connection.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will a Verizon Network Extender play nice on the same DSL line with a Sprint Airave?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

It should be fine provided that you have enough bandwidth from your DSL provider to support two femto cell connections in your home.

Most DSL connections are rated between 1-3 Mbps, which is normally fine for one femto.  2 femtos may max our your connection and lead to unpleasant disconnections should they both be in use at the same time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Will a Verizon Network Extender play nice on the same DSL line with a Sprint Airave?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

It should be fine provided that you have enough bandwidth from your DSL provider to support two femto cell connections in your home.

Most DSL connections are rated between 1-3 Mbps, which is normally fine for one femto.  2 femtos may max our your connection and lead to unpleasant disconnections should they both be in use at the same time.

0 Likes