Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,441 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
failed network extender
MICVAU59

My cell service at home has always been poor. I learned that other people in my neighborhood were able to get a network extender for free, but I paid $250 for mine. It has now failed, so how do I get another one?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: failed network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MICVAU59! Thank you for reaching out to us. We never want to see you have these issues with your Network Extender. When you say your extender has failed, can you provide a few more details? 

0 Likes
MICVAU59

Hi, Tabatha, thanks for replying.

A couple of months ago, I noticed poor connectivity with my network

extender, so I took it to the local Verizon store, hoping they could

diagnose the problem. They were unwilling to do anything, except to sell me

a new one. Last week, I took it back home and tried it again. After

plugging it in and leaving it alone for a few hours, all the lights were

still red, and no connection. I also noticed a problem with my local

internet (the wifi was working fine), so, thinking it might be a network

issue, I took it to my office and plugged it in there. After checking it a

few hours later, all the lights were blue, but when I looked at my iPhone,

there were only 2 bars, even when right next to it. So, I think I had two

problems, only one of which was the fault of the network extender. My next

step is to make sure my home internet wiring is working properly and then

hope to get the network extender problem resolved.

Michael Vaughan

Phone and text: [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details are helpful, MICVAU59. We are committed to resolving any service issues associated with your Network Extender. I am happy to review our troubleshooting guides and provide steps to improve your Network Extender performance. Please confirm your Network Extender model.

Is it the 3G model (http://spr.ly/6589DCn13)?

Is it the 4G model (http://spr.ly/6583DCn1R)?

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICVAU59

I can't tell which one I have (not enough identifying information) but I

suspect it's the 3G model. Manufactured 11/2013 SKU: SCS-2U01

Michael [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that you have the 3G Network Extender, MICVAU59. My goal is to address all your concerns and answer all your questions. First, let me answer the question in your original post (It has now failed, so how do I get another one?). Your Network Extender is outside the one year manufacturer's warranty and the only way to replace it is to buy a new one. If you buy a new Network Extender you will be getting the latest model which is 4G (http://spr.ly/6581DCQUH*).

We can troubleshoot your 3G Network Extender and make every effort to resolve the issues that you are experiencing, but I have a better recommendation that will resolve your service concerns at home. You indicate that you have WiFi and that it works fine. Depending on the phones you have, you can get the same results of connecting to a 4G Network Extender if you connect your phones to your WiFi network at home, and enable the WiFi Calling feature on your phones (http://spr.ly/6583DCQUJ).

Please share the model (s) of your phone (s), and I will confirm if your phones include the WiFi Calling feature, and I will provide instructions to turn on. This option is completely free.

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes