i purchased a 4G LTE Network Extender 2 for my home in Mexico.
ROBHAS88

I cant get pass "Out of Verizon's Service Area".  I was told by Verizon staff that it would work in Mexico.  anyone have any ideas what my next step should be.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i purchased a 4G LTE Network Extender 2 for my home in Mexico.
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Pretty sure the Network Extenders are not considered "global ready" devices like a Jetpack or a USB modem would be.  Is there a reason why you purchased a Verizon device instead of a local Mexican carrier device for this location?  Any phones that you have would have their own roaming packages and if you have landline access to run a Network Extender to a home, then WiFi is likely going to be better for your mobile devices anyways.

A network extender creates a small Verizon cellular network based on the incoming internet connection.  However Verizon may not have legal clearance to broadcast in the spectrum for that foreign country.  Some other carrier may own that airspace which would be a legal issue VZW would want to avoid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBHAS88, We want to make sure you have service while outside of the US! Did this happen as soon as you reached your location? Have you tried restarting your device?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

The network extender will not work outside of the US

4G LTE Network Extender FAQs | Verizon Wireless