iPhone 13 Pro calls fail 4G LT Extender
fharris1977
Enthusiast - Level 1

After about 10+ years with Verizon I am about fed up with this service. I can not get a decent cell signal in my area. I will lose data connection when my phone switches between 5G and LTE. I went to my local Verizon store (less than a mile away) and they stated that they too are having issues and suggested that I just keep my phone on LTE only. I have to ask myself why did I upgrade to a 5G cell phone if I can not use it?

Support suggested that I use Wifi calling. In theory I could as I have the bandwidth for it BUT if I am paying for cell service I expect my cell service to work without issue at my place of residence. It would be different if I was living in the middle of know where not close to any major city but I live in a highly populated area.

I was sent a 4GLTE extender to improve my cell coverage. Which is fine if I sit right next to the device but if I move out of the room that I am in and the phone switches between the extender and stander LTE the call fails. As I am typing this on my desktop the Extender is sitting elevated in a window next to me. I will give you two guess what is not connect to the the extender? My phone. I get the lovely message that your device is not with in Extender coverage. What is going on? Has there been an update pushed to my device? Is this an iPhone issue if so I will not be upgrading and going back to Android.

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 13 Pro calls fail 4G LT Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you getting perfect service and this has gone on for far too long.  Let's turn this around.  A Private Message is being sent to you so that we can assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 13 Pro calls fail 4G LT Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@fharris1977 wrote:

.   .   .

I was sent a 4GLTE extender to improve my cell coverage. Which is fine if I sit right next to the device but if I move out of the room that I am in and the phone switches between the extender and stander LTE the call fails. As I am typing this on my desktop the Extender is sitting elevated in a window next to me. I will give you two guess what is not connect to the the extender? My phone. I get the lovely message that your device is not with in Extender coverage. What is going on? Has there been an update pushed to my device? Is this an iPhone issue if so I will not be upgrading and going back to Android.

I believe you can increase/decrease the signal level of the extender.  Perhaps yours is set too low.  There are many other threads relating to iPhone/extender issues.  Not sure if any solutions were provided or identified.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes