network extender
tksolomon

we recently installed a verizon network extender and anywhere in the house we have all bars on our cell phones.  we can make calls and receive them but they cant hear us. Is there a certain setting we need to have on our phones?  it is like having our phones on mute during a conversation.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: network extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@tksolomon wrote:

we recently installed a verizon network extender and anywhere in the house we have all bars on our cell phones.  we can make calls and receive them but they cant hear us. Is there a certain setting we need to have on our phones?  it is like having our phones on mute during a conversation.  

Which model extender do you have?  Which make/model phones do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A network extender is meant to improve the quality of service that you get inside your home. That said, having an issue where other people cannot hear you during calls should not be happening. I'd like to gather a few details to best assist. What type of network extender did you get (4G)? What happens when you dial #48 from one of your cell phones? 

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
Jeredoyle

I have this exact same problem. My call goes through fine and I can hear the person on the other end of the phone fine, but they can not hear me. It’s as if I’m on mute. 

For calls that need me to push my number keyboard that doesn’t even register. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Jeredoyle wrote:

I have this exact same problem. My call goes through fine and I can hear the person on the other end of the phone fine, but they can not hear me. It’s as if I’m on mute. 

For calls that need me to push my number keyboard that doesn’t even register. 

I have the exact same question for you.  What make/model extender and phone do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
AndrewS76
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a Verizon customer for 15 years and I've spent 10s of thousands of dollars with them yet they don't care at all that their network extender drops our calls and blocks our incoming calls. We've called Verizon multiple times and received no assistance whatsoever.  We work from home and use our phones for business. When calls don't come in, I lose money. For the first time in 15 years we are ready to switch to another carrier. We've had it.

Andrew

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AndrewS76, we are grateful for your loyalty and we certainly don't want you to leave us. We will be pleased to help you. What troubleshooting has been done? When did the issues begin? 

-Jacob

0 Likes