problem with Extender
493dart

Bought a Samsung Network  extender , model  scs-2u01 . Ive had it plugged  in for 6  hours.  the power and WAn  lights are blue---the GPS  lite  is red and the SYS light is  flashing red. Ive tried rebooting everything  and different cables---plugged direct into modem---everything.  My  internet  and router work perfect.  zip code 50315

router/ modem is  a  Actiontec  PK5000  ,   service is  Century Link  DSL .

I saw something about configuring the router,  but none of that stuff is on my router set up---and your site doesnt  list  a  Actiontec  modem./ router.

What do  I do ???  I have very weak signal---right in the middle of my city !!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: problem with Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you’re able to use your service where you need it most is important, 493dart. We do appreciate the great details you have described for us today. We will still need to gather some additional information. Is the GPS light solid red, of flashing? If flashing, slow of quickly? Is the SYS light flashing quickly or slowly red? What type of results do you get when performing a speed test with your home internet? You can use a site like http://www.speedtest.net

Also, did you purchase this extender from VZW? What make/model phone do you have?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
493dart

gps  solid  red

sys  quickly  flashing red

purchased  extender  from  ebay  used  ,  phone is galaxy s4

speed test  2.0  Dl  /  ,  0.77 UL

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you register the MAC address of the network extender with your MyVerizon account online? Also you can only register the network extender to a postpaid account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
493dart

oh wonderful...i have pre paid Verizon.  What a complete joke.  Looks like im switching to  AT&T  !!!  Nice job  verizon  !!

My phone has 2 bars of signal in the middle of a major city----------what a joke.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or you could switch to a postpaid account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’d regret seeing you leave us, 493dart. We do want to make sure that your service is working where you need it. While the network extender may not be working, we do want to make sure we can explore the best options to improve your coverage. Let’s get you connect to our prepaid team for assistance. They can be reached via live chat after signing into your account online, or by phone at 888-294-6804.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes