"No Service" after Installing the Samsung Network Extender (SCS-2U01)
snys

After installing the Samsung Network Extender (SCS-2U01) and doing a #48 to connect my iPhone 5s, I can only make calls when in range of the extender.  When I travel outside the extender's range my phone says "No Service".  I've tried Resetting my Network Settings without success.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "No Service" after Installing the Samsung Network Extender (SCS-2U01)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

snys, hmm that does seem odd! I want to make sure that we are able to get you connected to services. Before you set up the Network Extender and you traveled away from your home did you have service without any issues? What zip code are you in that is showing "No Service" Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
snys

Yes, my service was normal away from home before I installed the Network

Extender. I purchased a network extender for my home because the signal

was weak. Now whenever i'm away from my home I have "No Service".

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
mztrish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forget the exact range, but it has kinda 2 ranges, one to connect and one to stay connected. To connect to your network extender you have to be closer to it maybe within 30 ft.  Once connected, you can be as far away as 5000 ft and still be on your network extender, but once you are farther than the 5000 ft, you have broken your connection so again you get back in the connection range, and then you can go again as far as 5000 feet again.  Hope this helps Smiley Happy

0 Likes
snys

Thanks for the information, unfortunately even when I'm miles away from the Extender I have no service.

0 Likes