Add Simultaneous Ring Feature to Verizon Wireless
JoePhotographer
Enthusiast - Level 2

In order to reduce telemarketer scams using robodialers, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) created a challenge to come up with a way to reduce these robocalls The winner of this challenge was NOMOROBO,COM. Their implementation of their solution requires that the phone number to be protected must have the SIMULTANEOUS RING FEATURE. This feature is being provided by some companies but not all.  I realize that some existing equipment and software may prevent a company from providing the service, but Verizon is already providing this service to their FIOS Digital Voice customers, so they are already aware of the need for this service. I have read that there are also regulations in place that require phone companies to put every call through, which may prevent some companies from providing the service directly, but digital voice and wireless regulations do not have those regs.

The NOMOROBO.COM solution does the blocking, not your phone company, and it's a FREE SERVICE!

NOMOROBO.COM's solution for reducing robocalls works as follows: 

1. Your phone rings, and it also rings at the same time at the nomorobo.com computer site (that's the simultaneous ring feature).

2. Their computer then compares the Caller ID info of the call coming in to your line, to their list of 100's of thousands of known illegal robocaller numbers (currently over 1 million #'s).

3. If the number matches a known illegal robocaller number, their computer accepts the call, and then hangs up, effectively stopping your protected phone number from ringing any further.

4. If the number does not match, your phone continues to ring, and you can either answer the call, or let it go to voice mail as usual.

Note: NOMOROBO does not prevent legitimate robocalls from going through, such as emergency dialers which inform a community of impending storms or floods, charities, or other organizations which are emempt from the robocall laws.

Since scammers are always changing their numbers, if you still get a robocall, you can add the number to their database.

Conversely, you can also unblock a number.

FYI: The National Do Not Call List only works for legitimate businesses, which comply with regulations and are not trying to scam you or get your information, money or property. Scammers don't care about the Do Not Call List.

I have COMCAST for my house phones and since adding my phone number to NOMOROBO.COM, I have noticed a distinct reduction in robocalls.  First there were a lot of single rings, indicating that nomorobo is working, now, I notice fewer calls altogether.

I and I'm sure many other Verizon Wireless customers would like to reduce the annoying scam calls on our wireless phones.

Please, VERIZON WIRELESS, ADD SIMULTANEOUS RING FEATURE for your customers.

To other Verizon Wireless Customers, who are tired of these robocalls, please take a few minutes and call Verizon at 1-800-922-0204 and let them know you want SIMULTANEOUS RING FEATURE added to Verizon Wireless.  The more people that do this, the sooner that they will implement the feature.  If you want more info, go to http://www.fcc.gov/guides/robocalls  http://www.nomorobo.com  or do a web search for stop robocalls.

Labels (1)
Re: Add Simultaneous Ring Feature to Verizon Wireless
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't answer calll from unknown callers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JoePhotographer
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's a great idea.  But that doesn't stop my phone ringing off the hook at all hours of the day and night.  I have need to leave my phone ringer on, to receive emergency calls, so I don't have the luxury of just turning my phone or ringer off.  And when answering a phone at night, without glasses on, it's kind of hard to read a fuzzy caller ID screen.

0 Likes
charleshester
Enthusiast - Level 1

hopefully Verizon Wireless will add simultaneous ringing to their system to combat robo calls.

0 Likes
Anne_Droid
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's time for Verizon to add Simultaneous Ring to protect its customers from garbage.

Verizon's own call blocking is ridiculously inadequate.5 numbers free--when every roboscammer can rotate dozens of numbers. A max of 20 if you PAY for the service. Greedy and still inadequate.

Surely a company that makes BILLIONS IN PROFIT every year can flip the switch for simultaneous ring or stop charging users for call blocking. Nothing but greed is the obstacle.

0 Likes
healthybodyhappymind
Enthusiast - Level 1

We should all post the link to nomorobo and an explanation of this issue on all social networking sites we belong to, inviting fellow Verizon customers to 1)spread the word 2)call customer service and request "simultaneous ringing".  I've done it, please do it too.  Next year my contract is up - if they don't offer it by then, I'm changing carriers.

0 Likes