Amazon Echo
Snn5
Legend

Amazon Echo: Always Ready, Connected, and Fast.

I wish there was an OK Google version of this without leaving my PC on or leaving the mics open on the phone for active listening all the time.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Amazon Echo
mama23dogs
Legend

LOL.  Maybe Google's version would work better.  My sister has "Alexa" and for the most part it works and is kinda cool.  Probably works better in a quiet room.  Alexa times the roast and puts on playlists and answers questions like Siri.  We have decided she has a better voice than Siri, but no sense of humor.

MY sister also got the fire TV, which is voice controlled also

rcschnoor
Legend

My Echo works pretty well. I do not have to be in a quiet room for good recognition. I have it in the kitchen and it will perform my commands with the TV on right next to it. I can also be in the family room next to the kitchen with the TV on and she will perform the commands from there even when the kitchen TV is on, too.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

How does it do with a house full of relatives?  That's when my sister has to shout "Alexa " more than once to wake her up. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Keeping the mic open and listening on the PC, I have little issue with being heard and understood in my 12x20 hole with 8 inch walls.

rcschnoor
Legend

I obviously can't imagine how loud the noise must be around your Echo, but with my wife and 2 daughters talking AND the TV on in the kitchen, my echo can hear me in the next room say "Alexa, shuffle playlist, volume 10" They get so mad when I do that.

mama23dogs
Legend

HHmmm.   My sister got a test model.  I wonder if it is faulty an d you have an improved model.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I thought about getting one when it was offered when first introduced, but didn't jump at the offer. I got mine about a month ago and it seems to be working great.

Has your sister tried checking software updates for it?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Will suggest it, I bet she hasnt. 

0 Likes