Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
And you thought you kept a cell phone a long time....
Not applicable

Last evening a friend of mine called me because he bought a service called Vonage to replace his home phone service with Verizon.

He attempted to speak to me over 10 times and after a few minutes it just lost the call. I said you dropped Verizon home phone which never gave you any problems for that crappy service?

He said he has a Verizon wireless phone for seven years and its getting old and not reliable. I actually offered him a newer device for free to use as his cell phone. He said he did not want to change his device, he said he never had a contract, and his $60 a month was just what he wanted to spend.

He won't buy a new device and said his phone was OK for what he uses it for. I had to laugh. But my main laugh was the switching out of his home service to save $25. I told him where is the savings if you pay for Vonage and cannot make or receive phone calls?

If he wanted to save money I told him to get Magic Jack or NetTalk at $30 a year and it travels with you around the world just hook to your computer or a broadband modem/router. At least you can make calls without lost calling.

And he would save hundreds over Vonage and Verizon telephone per year.

People have to shop around.

Labels (1)