Further Proof That Viruses Do Exist On Android But.....
Snn5
Legend

New Android Malware Strikes At Millions Of Smartphones - Forbes

Someone was speaking recently about viruses and malware within their personal Android device.  The idea that these apps or instances indicate a virus lead some to ask, "Is it a virus?"  Truth may be that really what you have is malware, in the sense that it is bad or unsolicited software, but isn't really a virus yet.  This article further claims that even if you see a pop up threatening infection upon a screen unlock, that it isn't until you follow its link to actual software that auto-downloads.  At that point, yes it is a virus.  Concerning thing is, for a lot of people with browser issues on the forums as of late is that this virus can be dormant for 30 days, thereby thwarting the idea that simply uninstalling apps you recently installed, say, a week ago would actually prove to be any benefit.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Further Proof That Viruses Do Exist On Android But.....
deb2too
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know if it's a virus, male ware or technically what the name is. I just know it hijacks your phone and request ransom to unlock your phone. Android devices are more suceptible to it. Have to do factory reset so better have things backed up.

Now that worries me.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

People used to make fun of Android users for using anti-virus.  I admit I have never gotten one, and getting one via sideloading apks and rooting/rom-ing is a huge risk.  The obvious disclaimer that this voids warranty.  Verify apps is always checked and I get my apps from the store, which is even susceptible itself.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read me. Whats the difference between Android malware, spyware, adware and a virus? | Android Central

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Any OS from any carrier or programmer is open to virus, malware and bad codes.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That is true.

0 Likes