It isn't spring without poison ivy...
mama23dogs
Legend

In other words, it's gardening time again.  My phone is back in a ziploc to keep it clean.  Now if only I could see the screen in the sun?

image.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: It isn't spring without poison ivy...
Snn5
Legend

Wheres the 3rd dog?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Under foot.... Lol. image.jpg

Snn5
Legend

No snow there?  The Wolf Conservation Center (I thought not too far from you) still has snow in all the enclosures on the live wolf webcam page.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

There are tiny pockets of snow and ice still in dark places.  My yard is finally free of it.  My aunt lives in the hills an hour and a half north and has more snow still.

mama23dogs
Legend

The WCC is 2 hour drive west and south.  They have snow in dark shady places too.  This winter was cold and long.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, it's a looooooooooong way from me.  I'm going to visit one of these Wolf Centers one day.  There are a few out west in Colorado (still has snow) and California too.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Haven't been to Yellowsone since I ws a teenager.  I would like to see wolves, free, in the wild in Yellowstone park.

THat is if locals can keep from shooting them or running them down.  Smiley Sad

Snn5
Legend

Those are relatively free wolves, but the biggest hurdle involves legislation and wildlife protected species bills.  It's basically a nature vs hunter vs livestock owner vs government vs environmentalist vs whatever else kind of thing.  Red, Grey, and Mexican wolves are at the most endangered levels.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Know.  I hear a lot on this end.  My son was furious that Echo was shot.  He is very much into conservation.

When hunters say they help control populations (without need for natural preditors) he gets annoyed.    Hunters take the best, the strong, mature Bulls. Wolves cull the sick and weak.

I Can't argue with a ranchers right to protect his herd.  I don't know what the answer is.Smiley Sad