LED Bulbs Neat but Still Reeling in Fact are they as good as the old Incadescent Bulbs
B33
Legend

Now I know this is a Forum on Mobile Devices and Related stuff)   But every now & then it doesn't hurt in this Section of the Forum to Discuss other Technical things we Do and Use and for me I want to Post this and ask others members..

1. Do you have these Bulbs or Would Like to Try them.? 

2. Or have ya tried them and your not really thrilled with them.. I've been reading over some reviews online and some people say there the greatest thing since the Light Bulb was invented while other hate even trying them for one Day.!

3. Do you think there as Good as the CFL's my only Draw back on these bulbs are the color that some put out and the Fact they have ingredients that's found in thermometers..

Labels (1)
Re: LED Bulbs Neat but Still Reeling in Fact are they as good as the old Incadescent Bulbs
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

In fact they are in very wide use in most all of our mobile phone's. It's just a matter of size, color and lumen output. If these LED's had not been invented our phone's functions and battery life cycle would be very different from what we know today. They can last thousands of hours and stand up to hard use while at the same time drawing only a small current and voltage when compared to a CFL or standard bulb. I for one find them to be very good both in price and use for my electronic device. I'm sold.

Re: LED Bulbs Neat but Still Reeling in Fact are they as good as the old Incadescent Bulbs
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LED lighting technology hasn't reached a point where it can be fully competitive in the commercial market. The drivers are the biggest concern both for standardized quality, construction and function. The point of failure often occurs in the drivers before the LEDs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Compact Fluorescent Lamps contain mercury. The LEDs don't as far as I know.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

B33
Legend

Yea that is why I shied away from using them especially when they first came out but I'm seeing in the CFL's  they're using a little more.. Round globes there a soft rubber like material the same material that is on the Cree 3 way bulb I got at Home Depot, it feels a bid odd and for the first time of buying countless number of Light bulbs  I looked over this new bulb seeing mainly how it was constructed..

But as much as I'm trying to Like this new bulb I have read reviews on Cree's website that there's been many a customer that has returned this bulb back to the store because of Lighting issues some don't light at all,  some light but don't last but a few days and some flicker, and some only light on the highest setting.. so I'm watching the one I got I have seen it flicker a couple a times but its staying lit one thing I've notice too is the base is getting very warm as many have mentioned in the there reviews of it.. I have the Sales receipt to take it back should it fail to Light..

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I assume your bulb is getting hot mostly on the higher power settings. I use 60W replacement LED bulbs and while they are warm, they are not too hot to grip after being on for quite some time. I imagine at the 100W replacement setting it may be MUCH warmer.

I have been using the Cree bulbs for maybe 6 months or longer and I have been extremely happy with them. I also use the GE Link bulbs with wireless connectivity and am looking forward to trying the newly released Cree wireless connected bulbs. While these bulbs ARE more expensive than older incandescent bulbs or even CFL bulbs, they operate more economically AND have a longer lifespan. I have found the CFL bulbs I have tried do not last as long as advertised and there is a warm up period before they have full brightness. LED bulbs do not have this drawback and immediately at full brightness.

Lastly, the price of LED bulbs ARE falling at a fairly quick pace. It may not be long before they are close in price to CFL bulbs. Right now I would never choose to purchase a CFL over an LED bulb, even with the more expensive price tag.

One last thing is that Cree is placing great pressure on other manufacturers to bring the price down on their bulbs. Personally, I can't see why anyone would purchase any Belkin and/or Phillips Hue bulbs or any of the other overpriced bulbs without any better performance than the Cree bulbs.

B33
Legend

Hey RC thanks for the reply this is great impute like on our phones we can share this stuff learn more about it.. my aunt she loves the CFL's she's had them for a while but her older son got her some LED replacements and she is liking them a little better.. I have a Led flashlights and like them kind of wished they had more of a white instead of bluish color but in certain uses the blue tinting works better so it kind of trade off and i have the traditional tactical flashlights from Streamlight that use the Xenon bulb and them bulbs can get Quite hot but do ever have the Candle Power..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no such thing as a true white LED. The white color is generated the same way as sunlight using multiple colors.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well maybe I should of said near to white at least the color I see that they put out is better than that of the CFL's and I'll add in these new era of Bulbs I and my Dad who has drove many a miles seen many styles of lighting we both still like the traditional light bulbs that are still on available on some vehicles and are still on the Road as for them bluish tone lights them things even at distance bother both of our eyes..

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I light my entire living room with LED Christmas lights...it's only a total of 35 watts and a lot less power and money than the 300 watt chandelier that lights up only half of my living room.  Stays cooler too.