Lot's of Verizon Workers being Layed off Centers to be closed
B33
Legend

It's sad to Know that Verizon is coming out with new Plans at about the same Time there going to Lay off a bunch a Workers 3000 to be affected and close 5 centers) These are dedicated Folks that Help each and everyone of us when we call on them..  And I'd say a Good share of them have family to feed and take care of and if they can't transfer to another facility for there job which that can cost right there to move to another state there out of a Job..  To me that's not business at all..

These are the Call centers that will be affected by the Closers --->  California <>  Connecticut <> Georgia <> Maryland and Pennsylvania  This Info Can be found Looking online or through your Local Paper it was provided by the ASSOCIATED Press

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lot's of Verizon Workers being Layed off Centers to be closed
ammoblammo
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is sad. I have really appreciated the great phone support I've received at Verizon wireless and I will make sure to lay it out here if the support suffers for the changes made. Verizon has been a great company and even great companies have to make very tough decisions. I would not be happy if my company decided to move my headquarters as well, but I do not envy the one's in the position to have to make those decisions either. I will continue to support Verizon as long as the service is so good on the phone with regards to calls and with customer service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

B33 I have been writing about the centers closing for quite some time. The bulk of the employees were offered positions in the other combined centers, however these centers are now in states that do not have to abide by the Federal Fair Wage standards.

So they move and get paid less. Others according to the articles I read will be offered severance.

The bottom line here is corporate profits versus employee wages and benefits. Personally the customer service personnel in these centers are not really giving service, more like deflection as you read here on the forum. Canned replies, lying to customers, no bill credits for obvious overcharges or wrong invoicing.

My brother in law owns a support company in Texas he hired 500 people to start, his company strives to support computer issues not cell phones, it makes a good profit but he takes care of those people via good wages, benefits, time off etc. His employees go that extra mile to assist callers, if what you read here happened at his place he would fire them on the spot. That is what Verizon wireless should have done to these support center people, but did not.

The article stated the call center help would not suffer with the consolidation.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

That is Good there able to move to other locations and our new store is to open very soon.!!!!!  can't wait.. more product on the Floor more walk around space.. Very Nice

0 Likes
dakeeper69

I live only about 23 miles from the Call center that closed in Cranberry Twp, PA.. Since it closed my phone has been doing nothing correctly.  My weather is giving me weather for feb. not now.  I can't make calls half of the time it tells me I am having a problem with my line to shut off my phone. You can't get ahold of anyone on the phone.  I want to cancel my service but need to keep my number and have too long still on my contract.  If I would have known the center was closing I would of never went with Verizon in the first place.  It totally isn't working for what my family needs it for.  I am totally upset over all of it and they will do nothing to resolve any of the issues.  Extremely unhappy.  Sorry for the rant. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's ok to share your opinion..  But I wouldn't think a center closing would cause issues..  Is there still Corporate stores in the area.?  and just for the asking or mentioning they could possibly be doing some work on the Towers in your area how long have you seen these issues. with your phone.