No WiFi, No Problem with New ChromeCast Ethernet Adapter
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Re: No WiFi, No Problem with New ChromeCast Ethernet Adapter
Tidbits
Legend

They had like 10,000 and the fanboys bought them when they found out.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I saw it was sold out.  I can see it being useful.  Perhaps the Chromecast 2 will be 5ghz and Ethernet ready, as well as 1080.

Tidbits
Legend

The ones who purchased it would already have wifi at this point.  The cast was useless without it. That's why it sold out simply Google didn't make many of them and vast of the ones sold are the fanboys that would buy anything Google. Those things are cheap to build and could build millions in 2 weeks. Google made a limited number knowing some people may need it but it isn't going to be enough to tie up a large inventory.

Snn5
Legend

Glad I got one near Cyber Monday last year from Best Buy.  Got 3 months free on Play Music, haven't used it yet.  Also got a forgotten amount in my Google Wallet to go along with my Google Opinion Survey cash, and a couple free movie downloads.  I haven't had any issues with mine, other than my TV is a bit old...if 2007 is old...and the audio falls out of sync after about 2 hours.  I just turn the TV off and back on.  Fixed.

Not to mention casting from my Chrome browser on PC, and phone, and a few worthwhile games, and music, and and and.

Tidbits
Legend

I am an early adopter. I got mine before they went on sale. I bought 3 more when they were finally on sale for the extra TV I had and for family members.

Snn5
Legend

It's...nifty ehh?  Glad I picked it over Roku.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I was going to pick up an Apple TV lol

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

But, then you didn't. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Have tried several streaming players.  My Mac mini is connected to my big screen TV.  I have a Roku on 2 tv's. A Chromecast and an Apple TV. Never use the Apple TV.

Tried google  tv and Boxee Box.  Hated them.

I Would like to try a Sling TV

MY sister got the Fire TV, and loves it.

0 Likes