Nothing makes you feel old like...
mama23dogs
Legend

.......The sudden death of a former boyfriend. 

The guy I dated for a year after my divorce dropped dead after a Halloween dance this Saturday. 

HE was a weight lifter and not announce of fat on him, but chain smoked since he was a kid. 

After 20 years of feeling alone in my marriage, he genuinely loved me.  Every time he hugged me I knew it.

I Wish I could tell him how much it meant and still means to me.

sorry.  Buzz kill

Labels (1)
Re: Nothing makes you feel old like...
Snn5
Legend

Timing......is everything.  Sorry to hear about this.  Nothing quite the same as feeling like emotional mess for so long, then finding the ray of sunlight, only for the night to come too early.  My thoughts are with you.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear that. Unexpected deaths are terribly difficult.

mama23dogs
Legend

Thanks.  Funny the things that bothered me.... The funeral home misspelled his first name.  He went by Jerry because his polish name was hard to pronounce and hated having it mangled. 

Snn5
Legend

Well, the seemingly small and simple things like name spelling, public pronunciation and the like seem to be regarded in irreverence by those closest to the deceased.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Well if this makes you feel better. My niece asked me what I was listening to. I said BBK... She gave me the look like who's that. I tried explaining it to her and then flat out says.... "God your old..." all while walking away. Kids these days don't know real music.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Am enjoying the fact that my kids like some of the good stuff.  My younger son plays guitar, so he tries a little of everything.  Clapton among others.

Tidbits
Legend

See I wish the kids in my family would listen to real music too lol

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

"Real" might be considered relative, however, a sound is a sound.  My "Music" is considered a cop out by the usual mainstream metalists as it pertains to live instruments and they tend to disregard programming and synth, but then they regard it with more talent than Pop and the hippity-hoppers.  Musical genre factionists.  Rap and R&B IS music, just not my considered first choice.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When the "music" is nothing more than a fancy hook on repeat it truly is nothing more than wanting to be Music.

For example I wouldn't consider "Watch me Whip", "Put a ring on it" music.  I guess that's just my personal opinion.

0 Likes