Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
The B-52 allot a Plane, A Great ole Flying Bird..
B33
Legend

When the B-52's were stationed at McConnell I could remember seeing them flying over our Home in the small Town I lived that Black Smoke that came out of there engines left a long Trail and when you was over by McConnell and one Flew over you knew it by the sound the Jet Made but they soon moved on and then the B-1's took there place for a short time and they too were impressive to see fly over and were Quite Loud..

But I done some Looking on the B-52's and found this and remembered not to long ago that one was put back in Service by the Air Force it is called the Ghost Rider and you can see more on it Via looking on YouTube or just by doing a Google Search..

Boeing B-52 Stratofortress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Labels (1)
Re: The B-52 allot a Plane, A Great ole Flying Bird..
B33
Legend

Here is some on Ghost Rider Love that name love this Plane its nice to know that a  JET  could go as long as the B-52 has throughout the Years before I was even thought of and if what is said could go till 2040 that is an Amazing accomplishment.. in Aviation..  I'm proud that this Plane is part of our Military B33..

'Ghost Rider': B-52 resurrected from desert Boneyard - CNN.com

GalaxyClass
Master

Good story!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I thought that as Well G.C.  It's really neat to see the Military bring back a Plane that was sent to the Bone yard to be then brought back to service..

0 Likes